No announcement yet.

Burgled again

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low life scum strike again. It would be easier to understand if they just took things of value. Why the need to break, destroy and scatter stuff over the plots?

Hope you can get things mended and replaced soon and that these mindless idiots don't spoil your enjoyment of the lottie.
    It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

It's a horrible thing to happen, sheer mindless vandalism.
      You could try putting up a few fake beehives (it could be anything, thieves don't know what hives look like) and prominent signs saying "Beware the Bees who will swarm if disturbed"
      It worked on our Worthing site, which was repeatedly vandalised.

A few open bean trenches wouldn't go amiss ... you wouldn't want to be falling in a big hole in the dark, with rotting veg in the bottom, now would you?
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 11-12-2008, 09:16 AM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

That's really disgusting! We haven't any security on our site either, but there is some Council money available until April 2009. If they don't spend it it goes back to the government so we've put in a bid for £15k for fencing etc. We've also got some sponsorship for equipment from B&Q and the local Co-op so it might be worthwhile asking who ever's in charge to ask the Council first if there's any money available.
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

I'm really sorry. What a horrible thing to happen - you must be upset. And angry! TS idea is a good one - I could have sent you our massive (vacated!) wasp's nest, but we binned it not so long ago!
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

I feel for you, its not so much the tools themselves its how you acquired them.
            The mindless damage I have never nor will ever understand.
            Hope things get sorted out for you all.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Just feel really sorry for you xxx

Comment

Horrible news. Hope something is done soon,

janeyo

Comment

I also agree with Two Sheds' advice. Fake beehives, trenches, the lot. Tripwires, too. Followed by the trench with stones in the bottom. No wait, then YOU'd sued for not providing a safe environment for burglars...Grrrr!!

So sorry to read you've been done over. I too am amazed that they want chickens more than security.

Comment

thank you for all your messages of support. I have emailed the society but the treasurer in her ultimate wisdom has decided to ignore my pleas. They are so childish, most of them are nearly 40 or over and just want to pretend that it isnt happening.

Tidied up, repaired doors, just have to keep making small trips to ensure its all ok.
                    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                      thank you for all your messages of support. I have emailed the society but the treasurer in her ultimate wisdom has decided to ignore my pleas. They are so childish, most of them are nearly 40 or over and just want to pretend that it isnt happening.

Tidied up, repaired doors, just have to keep making small trips to ensure its all ok.
                      Have you contacted the local police and newspapers? On a personal note, not all of us over 40's are childish and with a head-in-the sand approach, but I can understand your frustration. How about standing for election onto the committee, then you can really make your voice heard. Get talking to other allotment holders too, you can't be the only one to have suffered - if you all get together and make enough noise something will have to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                        Have you contacted the local police and newspapers? On a personal note, not all of us over 40's are childish and with a head-in-the sand approach, but I can understand your frustration. How about standing for election onto the committee, then you can really make your voice heard. Get talking to other allotment holders too, you can't be the only one to have suffered - if you all get together and make enough noise something will have to be done.
                        I dont want to offend 40 somethings...........what I meant was is that they are all grown ups acting like children. Was secretary for 4 years. not going down that path again! A thankless job, unappreciated, taken advantage of!"

Comment

Its in our local newspaper today but what disgusts me is our local councillor is trying to play it down, saying they only took a few tools!

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                            Its in our local newspaper today but what disgusts me is our local councillor is trying to play it down, saying they only took a few tools!
                            they only took a few tools? did the tools belong to them? NO!! doesn't matter what they took, it was theft and vandalism, as far as I know thats still a crime in this country isn't it?

Local rag have a website ?
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

www.chorley-guardian.co.uk
                              Last edited by allotmentlady; 17-12-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

couldn't find the story on there, pity, if you can post a link please
                                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X