X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardeners Rest #18 (2023)

It’s *almost* that time again folks!
    Opening date 18th December due to localised flooding

Please feel free to join in- the more the merrier tbh!

Here are some of the previous ones if anyone fancies looking back over the years…

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...s-rest-17-2022
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

“Ah” thought Nicos as she stood by the flooded village pond.
    The ducks were really happy about swimming around on their enlarged home but not so happy about the workmen with their diggers trying to sort out the drainage caused by weeks of heavy rain, very heavy snowfalls and then yet more rain.
    Half the village was cut off, but worst of all so was the Gardeners Rest….from all directions. Fortunately the previous lagging of the cellar had prevented it from flooding but access to the pub was dangerous so had been officially cut off until 18th December.
    That was the official reopening date according to the workmen.
    “We’ll aim for that then” she said turning around in her pocket the massive front door key.
    “We’ll put up flyers asking for last minute decorations on that day.”….then set off back home to let everyone know…..
    Last edited by Nicos; 11-12-2023, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Well, this feels a bit naughty, thought Snoop as she peered in the window. No-one about but I thought it was due to reopen today. She pushed at the door...

Comment

“Nah…it’s still locked “ said Nicos walking up behind her - pulling the heavy key from her pocket.
        ”Would you like to do the honours?” offering the key to Snoop.
        Snoop’s grin could be seen from afar and,having juggled the baskets filled with mincemeat cakes for the opening onto one arm, gleefully took the key…

Comment

The lane was still very muddy after the flooding so it was quite a task for her to kick off her wellies at the same time….

Comment

as juggling with the wreaths she'd brought, one on each wrist and one round her neck. This was all proving a trifle difficult
            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 18-12-2023, 11:03 AM.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

“…oooo….trifle! “ Said gf coming up behind them….guess what I’ve just made for the opening party…orange, chocolate and ginger…hope that’s ok?
              Opening her bag she also pulled out the now, world famous…..

Comment

Raspberry buns.

Listen, said Snoop, we'd better hide these from Rary till later. And while talking of Rary, I've come on a bit of a secret mission. I don't want him to have to be part of the panto horse again, front or back. So I was going to look for the costume and hide it away. Now that you're here, I'd better own up. What do you reckon?

Comment

Well Snoop, as you've chosen to accept it, it should be a walk in the park. I'd tell you where it is but then I'd have to kill you.

Comment

Flo looked down …Chester was tugging at his lead…..

Comment

As Flo looked down at the floor, Snoop took it to be a hint. She stamped on the floorboard Flo had glanced at and was not that surprised that it sounded like there was a hollow underneath. Flo's threat that she might have to kill her clearly meant Flo was in the know about something. However, Snoop's hope that Flo knew something about the panto horse costume was misplaced. When the others had turned away, she sneakily lifted the floorboard and found...

Comment

Rary's stash of ......

Comment

festive costumes and much besides. She recognised a leg from the horse outfit. If it had only been the horse costume, she'd have banged the floorboard back down and left it at that. But with all the other stuff, it really was too much to keep to herself. Guys, she hissed, worried that Rary might turn up, come and have a look at this. And bring a stiff drink while you're at it. You might need it.

Comment

Ice pops at the ready folks, they're the nearest thing I could find at the minute to a stiff drink, we're going in!

Comment

Crumbs, thought Snoop. More military-style, secret-spy type talk from Flo... Not what I expected. I hope she doesn't throw a grenade into Rary's stash and shout something like 'fire in the hole'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X