Stock up on ya fags now

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
    Maybe squirting a smoker with a fire extinquisher, everytime they attempt to light up - now that might help

well you can come round and practice on me, i am desperate to give up and failing
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Maybe squirting a smoker with a fire extinquisher, everytime they attempt to light up - now that might help

That's a bit OTT??!! I hate drinking and drunk people with a passion due to circumstances in my past. Binge drinking causes at least as many problems as smoking does, possibly more because smoking doesn't cause a tendency to violence. No-one is suggesting that drinkers should be assaulted, or have the drink hidden away from view I am of the opinion that we all have free will, and in full posession of the facts, should be allowed to get on with it. Fair enough to take smoking out of public places so you aren't affecting other people's health, but that's enough I think.

Comment

Fantastic idea - I will be trying this on my hubby later...If I'm not around tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
          well you can come round and practice on me, i am desperate to give up and failing
          don't give up giving up lass - truly don't, you will get there. I stopped in 1995 and have (honestly) never missed it nor wanted a smoke since.

when you next stop smoking, try drinking a large glass of water every time you get 'that feeling' - it will help flush the crap out of you and take your mind off it and when you have finished the water you will have forgotten what it was you wanted in the first place.

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
          .....I am of the opinion that we all have free will, and in full posession of the facts, should be allowed to get on with it....
          yep - spot on
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

So nice to hear reasoned views from ex and non smokers. Thank you Sarwix and Piskie.
            Smoking is a vile habit but one that is very hard to break. Quite agree that excessive drinking causes far more problems. Failing that pass me the extinguisher, maybe I should just squirt myself. Sort of aversion therapy
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I hate being told what I can & can't do with a legal product I pay enough tax to enjoy may "dirty" habit, yes I know it's unhealthy but there again it's my health.Drinking too much & too much fatty food are also bad for you, what next extra tax on burgers & my favourite Stilton cheese?
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

I just have a vision of the newsagent leering 'something for the weekend sir?' and groping under the counter for the hidden booty, before placing it in a plain brown bag and quietly handing it over. Or shouting to Marge out the back 'how much for 20 Bensons?' and everyone in the shop tutting, or wrapping said 20 Bensons in a Readers Wives type mag so no-one knows your shame at still smoking.

I gave up over two years ago because I was so angry at the way the government spent my money - I was so very angry that giving up was no problem and I went from 20 a day to nothing - just stopped. I still like to stand downwind of a smoker though Moral is - you need a good reason to stop, and being bullied by half the government and anyone else who doesn't understand, or pretends they don't understand addiction, or even knowing you should because it is killing you (and no, that isn't a good enough reason) won't help you give up at all. I do hope that last sentence makes sense!
                Last edited by nelliegemini; 09-12-2008, 07:23 PM. Reason: speeling
                Nell

Comment

Yeap, totally agree drinking is a far worse habit. I had an aunt beaten every weekend when her "darling" hubby came home from the pub. City and town centres have become no-go areas because idiots cannot drink in a remotely sensible fashion. I think I struck a sensitive spot with my joke - SORRY
                  Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 09-12-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I consider my self a moderate drinker (2 bottles a night may be 3)I get my beer from our corner shop.£4.25 for 3 bottles
                    Our precious government is talking of stopping cheap booze.
                    Why should I suffer for the mindless idiots who go over the top.
                    Ps I try & have at least one night alcohol free.
                    Last edited by bubblewrap; 09-12-2008, 08:24 PM.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                      I try, but ??!

I'm trying to have one night meat free. We went vegetarian for several years because of a hangover, I blamed it on the meat, because it couldn't be that we drank too much - surely not
                      Nell

Comment

Serves you right for soaking the meat in red wine first!
                        Brian Clough

Comment

I'm just trying to imagine what size counter Jackie's going to need!

Gave up a long, long time ago - I was outraged when they went up to £1 for 20 in the budget. No problem giving up, just didn't do it anymore. 3 times in the last 25 years I've had a single cigarette - as I was lit up I would think 'oooo I remember why I did this', but the taste after the first couple of seconds was disgusting and certainly didn't make me want to start again!
                          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Lol! Buying fags from under the counter would be nothing new for me. When were out in the Czech Republic I used to smoke fags 'that only the gypsies smoked' - woah were they cheap, 10p a pkt! We used to get them from the factory shop across the road from the sugar factory 'barracks'....everything in there was under the counter! It was kinda like playing 'cheese shop' ala Monty Python!

So glad I don't smoke any more....filthy habit!!!
                            To see a world in a grain of sand
                            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                              OH! By the way I've never had a pint of binge in my life
                              Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                                whilst I don't smoke - I do steam occasionally!
                                One of the questions on a survey was "Do you smoke after having sex?"

My 85 year old neighbour replied " I don't know........I've never looked"
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X