No announcement yet.

ok had enough ...... i may be some time

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madmax here - Sun Solaris 10, or Sun Virtual Desktop for x86 systems. We run XP sp3, O2K3 and very little else on our Vaio X29 (P3 750Mhz, PC100 256M ram). This Dell XPS has a Vista image preloaded. And it's crashed and burned after 3 weeks! The X29 is bullet proof! And it runs Sun virtual desktop.

Reformatting is easy peasy. But only from a decent XP disk. Time to get rid of these stupid default vendor assigned logical partitions.

It'll be a walk in the park for you Lynda!

Incidentally, my '55 Seeburg V200 jukebox has 200 bits of digital memory (the tormat). Good old (and I mean old) toroid coincident current magnetic ferrite core non volatile memory developed 1951. Beats modern HDD's for reliability! But it still has good old 6L6 output tubes in the power amp.
    Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 09-12-2008, 12:06 AM. Reason: bored...
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      Madmax here - Sun Solaris 10, or Sun Virtual Desktop for x86 systems. We run XP sp3, O2K3 and very little else on our Vaio X29 (P3 750Mhz, PC100 256M ram). This Dell XPS has a Vista image preloaded. And it's crashed and burned after 3 weeks! The X29 is bullet proof! And it runs Sun virtual desktop.

Reformatting is easy peasy. But only from a decent XP disk. Time to get rid of these stupid default vendor assigned logical partitions.

Incidentally, my '55 Seeburg V200 jukebox has 200 bits of digital memory (the tormat). Good old (and I mean old) toroid coincident current magnetic ferrite core non volatile memory developed 1951. Beats modern HDD's for reliability! But it still has good old 6L6 output tubes in the power amp.
      i could so sense the adreneline rush that post gave you
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

er.. not sure I understood a word of madmax's post, but it sure looked good
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

funnily enough terrier ...... i didn't either

Comment

&&**&^%$££&*()_+)(*&^%$£"! and that's swearing ...... i think i may now go to bed to enjoy my nervous breakdown whilst i sleep

Comment

Are you any relation to Proffessor Stanley Unwin by any chance Max?

Hi ho and a jolly welcode to all you surfwide'n interwebber lopers. Here beholdy manifold things Stanley Unwinmost - all deep joy and thorkus for great laugh'n tittery. O yes.
              Last edited by Snadger; 09-12-2008, 08:28 AM.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

It's language like this that gets MACs walking out of shops. [ok, ok, I'm now a total convert. So?]

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Hi ho and a jolly welcode to all you surfwide'n interwebber lopers. Here beholdy manifold things Stanley Unwinmost - all deep joy and thorkus for great laugh'n tittery. O yes.
                  now that ....... made perfect sense

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    It's language like this that gets MACs walking out of shops. [ok, ok, I'm now a total convert. So?]
                    oh that's cool i have a mac ....... just a pity it's not got a hood, and i don't have an umbrella (cos i always lose them) to stop the rain running down behind my ears ...... mind you not sure black pvc could understand that either

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Tee hee hee!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66
                        so after being up till 4am this morning or thereabouts ....... i'm temporarily stuck with vista ...... i WILL get rid of it lol how stupid is it ........ grrrrrrrrrr never ever is it going on another pc....... anyway, have done a factory reset and wahey it's running all ok again ...... ok i've not got anything at all on the pc again except firefox ....... and it took me about 6 hours to delete all the software trial versions that come with it ....... but firefox now works again ....... and i can get on here and it's dead fast and everyfink
                        well thats a result at least
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!
                        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                          i could so sense the adreneline rush that post gave you
                          Maxxie here again! You don't know the half of it luv!!

D'ja get yer XP done Lynda? This Vista install will shuffle off to the next world this w/e.
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

Well, it's been quiet here today without you...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X