What are you listening to ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    I was listening to some Cat Stevens. Always very moving. He has a lovely voice.
    Me too Nicos, brings back lovely memories
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hi Al,
      Still my Rate My Takeaway mis play list....
      Quo and Jam Side Down (When we had a proper navy)

18:20

Geoff.
      Last edited by 1batfastard; 02-07-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Hi All,
        Alan Parsons Project - Don't Hold Back

18:006 - Killers - Three Words.

18:21 - QUO - For You (An excellent chill out track........ )

19:03 - Creed - Are You Ready

Geof.
        Last edited by 1batfastard; 27-07-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Hi All,
          19:32pm - Iron Maiden - The Trooper.......

19:43 - Def Leppard - All I Want Is Everything.....

20:02 - Genesis - Get Em' Out By Friday......

20:09 - Ginger Wildheart & The Sinners - Footprints In The Sand.....

Geoff.
          Last edited by 1batfastard; 31-08-2023, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Not really into music but when in the kitchen I usually listen to music from the sixties, as I like the tunes from that time, I picked my grandson up last week and when driving home he asked me what records I liked, and the list finished up Luis Armstrong, Wonderfull World, the Shadows, Wonderfull Land and Apache, Aker Bilk, Stranger on the Shore, he then played me some of his music which to me was just a noise with no rhythm, when driving I usually have the wireless tuned to classical music, not because I particularly like classical music, there is quite a lot of that music absolutely rubbish, I listen to it mainly because I don't have to try and make out words of any songs
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Hi All,
              Rary - Myself I listen to all sorts of music from Easy listening:- Armstrong,Sinatrat/NatKing Cole/Dean Martin etc. etc. Rock'n'Roll Some Elvis/Jerry Lee Lewis,Big Boper/ through to Heavy Rock/Heavy Metal/Progressive/Jazz(Early stuff/ If you had seen my collection of music in the 70's it was Quo /Floyd / Genesis /Yes and the other influences are from what I remember my Nan/Grandad/Mum and Dad in they're collection etc but as long as I can turn up loud I love it....

Geoff.

Comment

Geoff, we come from two different music worlds, I remember pre rock and roll, and by the 70s I was too busy working to bother with music and now I turn the volume up on all types of music, and that so that I can hear it, not necessarily because I like it
                ​​​​​​
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Anyone found Boom radio? I’m not a music fan really but don’t mind this channel.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi All,
                    Listening to Five Finger Death Punch - Judgement Day - I dare not post the video itself unless I want to be in trouble but here is a link below,
                    although quite explicit I think that the message comes through about the Evils of the trafficking and sex trade that seems to be ignored by a host of governments across the globe sadly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QgTL37g-c

Jay22 Not yet but I'll have a listen out and report back... Rary - That's the thing with music is it not ? No matter what age you are you can discover something you never paid no attention to in your earlier life, discover a new lease of life and have experiences as you grow older.

In my mind you like what you like simple, life is an education well after you leave school....

Geoff.
                    Last edited by 1batfastard; 21-09-2023, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Recently I've been enjoying the weekly "Progressive Alternative" show on Mixcloud. I nice mixture of old and new, a lot of which is new to me - even the older stuff. Some of it is quite a challenging listen, which I like but I know isn't to everyone's taste. (e.g. Mrs H).

Here's the latest show:

https://www.mixcloud.com/belch1889/t...ept-19th-2023/
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Marillion - An hour before it's dark

Comment

Martin H Miranda Sex Garden! That's a blast from the past - I'm back at Uni listening to this Thank you!

Comment

Hi All,
                            Getting into the Christmas spirit listening to a mix of Crimbo music Choir's to Heavy Metal....

16:10 - Gregg Lake.

16:26 - Johnny Cash.

16:33 - Slade.

16:43 - Rob Halford (Judas Priest)

16:59 - Oni Logan/, Craig Goldy /Tony Franklin ? John Tempesta

17:10 - Diana Krall.

17:28 - The Oratorio Society of New York

17:53 - Alice Cooper

18:15 - Sting

Geoff.
                            Last edited by 1batfastard; 19-10-2023, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I'm hooked on Indie folk.

Comment

Listening to the latest Peter Gabriel.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X