No announcement yet.

feels just a teeny bit stoopid now

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can turn the thermostat down at night, the thermostat should control all the rads that you haven't turned off manually, i have my thermostat set at 68 (18 for you) all day, when i go to bed , i turn it down cos we are all tucked up in duvets and cozy to 65 (16 for you) then back up when i get up to 68, when it gets really cold in the evenings i turn it to 72 (20 for you) or higher if i need it, but back down to 65 when i go to bed, its about maintaining a temp.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

you'll be dead impressed now ....... the boilers stopped working ...... i now have an 03 code on it which means it's not working ....... ie fkd .... fink i broke it lol
      Last edited by lynda66; 04-12-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Tell you what I think? The 'Utility Room' is the stupidest place for a thermostat, ever, with the possible exception of 'outside'... My utility room is freezing, if the thermostat was in there my heating would be roaring away continually coz it would never be warm enough in there to switch it off!!!
        If this confuses you more, then just ignore me, but what I would do is; When the house feels warm enough to you, go through and turn the thermostat til it just clicks off, then it'll only fire up to maintain the temp to what it is at that exact point - that way if the temp in the utility is 14°, but the rest of the house is 18°, it won't be still trying to get the utility to 18° and wasting all your gas.

Comment

Oh. For F's sake...!!
          Can you reach to kick it?!
          Turn the fire up...

Comment

i go through the utility room to get to my kitchen its at the end of the hallway, ........ i froze when i came out of the living room ...... cos the fire was on in there too
            Last edited by lynda66; 04-12-2008, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              ok i just had a proper look and a fiddle lol ....... it actually only goes to 5 dunno where 6 came from
              You're not looking at the numbers on the fridge dial are you ?

Seriously, how dumb is it to put the thermostat out there?
              Does this link help to explain thermostats at all?
              http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/Document...g%20System.pdf
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-12-2008, 07:56 AM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I just found what you need! A lovely electric jacket for indoors ... Self-Heating Electric Waistcoat > Maplin
                they do matching gloves too
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

*Me I gave up the will to live by this page

aaaaaagggggghhhhhhh
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    You're not looking at the numbers on the fridge dial are you ?

Seriously, how dumb is it to put the thermostat out there?
                    Does this link help to explain thermostats at all?
                    http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/Document...g%20System.pdf
                    shhhhhhhh don't tell em that, they'll fink i is stoopid or summat ....... goes off for a read, i may be some time
                    Last edited by lynda66; 04-12-2008, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      I just found what you need! A lovely electric jacket for indoors ... Self-Heating Electric Waistcoat > Maplin
                      they do matching gloves too
                      cool, it will go with my double electric heated slippers (the ones like a big double boot... a gift from parents when they moved to spain ) ..... unfortunatley, last time i wore them, i got up to make a brew, forgot i was wearing them, and fell flat on my face

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                        *Me I gave up the will to live by this page

aaaaaagggggghhhhhhh
                        hey just be thankful you don't actually live here ..... *wonder if they do a crash course in central heating at college ...... by the end of winter though, hopefully i shall be an expert ..... i've just never had to use it before, other than the occasional freezing hour, when i've relented and put it on .....we've always been the put 3 jumpers on and sit under a duvet if your cold type of people lol

Comment

right i think i've got it now ....... the bloke came round took the boiler apart, fixed it (well till it does exactly the same thing again) ..... soooooo i put the boiler on full blast, all the radiators on full blast, the thermostat on full blast, and cos it's warmer today, the temperature on the thermostat finally got to 18 degrees ...... ok so now it's done that, i've turned all the radiators to 3, which if i'm right, should also be 18 degrees, like the thermostat on the wall is?? ....... so i think that means that if the temperature doesn't drop to minus 3 million outside again, then the house should stay at 18 degrees?? ........ god i hope that's it lol, i almost can't wait to turn it back off lol
                          Last edited by lynda66; 04-12-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me But then your heating system sounds completely UNreasonable, so gawd knows what'll happen

Comment

chances are it'll have broken again by tomorrow anyway lol

Comment

well at least you'll keep your fingers warm keeping us up to date on the heating saga lol.

But seriously though, gotta agree with the others, when you get house to nice temp, leave it as is. You'll stay warm and the cost will stay even.

Are you in a brick or concrete house?

Another tip (bit late now, but for next year) from someone who's been where you are now, in the warmer months, keep putting money on your meter, if you can (in a sense!!!??) keep putting the same amount on as you do in the colder months, if you can't afford that, at least half. Then when the cold months get here you can keep as warm as you want, without having to worry about where the money is coming from to feed the meter.

m3bfs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X