X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all and happy St Patrick's day.
    Beautiful sunny morning here.
    Lots of parades in Ireland today and thrn a bank holiday tomorrow.

Rock, yes I loved it.
    Years ago when on holiday in Blackpool we went and saw it being made.
    A lot of work went into it.

Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning all.

I'm not long out of bed. It's a miserable morning. If things improve I'll be meeting one of my sister's later.

Not letting the grass grow under my feet I ordered a new mattress yesterday which will arrive in 2 to 3 weeks. It's a good job Mr GF stayed in the car as he'd have had nightmares about the price 😱. I really cannot stand these modern memory foam ones. They are just too warm. They remind me of the foam ones you used to get on boats. The compensation on boats was the water lapping against the hull rocking you to sleep, as long as it wasn't stormy.

I was never a rock fan either but used to be bemused by the lettering in the middle. I saw a TV programme once showing how they did it.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Raining here too. Just getting ready to demolish a bacon sandwich. Have a lovely Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Loved those postcards, Nicos. Very imaginative. Good to see the Norman D-Day one too.

I never really liked seaside rock. A novelty and, yes, the letters going through were intriguing. But way too hard and not interesting enough in flavour. I'd have been up for a lemon one, though.

YH has gone out with the dogs, Mr Snoop is about to organise materials for the morning's work and I'm about to put two loaves in the oven after it has cooled down a bit after pizza for breakfast. There was leftover dough that needed using up, honest. The smiles hung around, enjoying the smell, so they might be a bit late on their rounds this morning.

Better get on with things, as I've got the usual loads to do, including making hot crossless buns with YH so he can take some home with him along with a loaf of bread. He's leaving tomorrow morning and we will both be very sorry to see him go.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

We have rain here for the day, its not stopped little robin popping in and out not many other birds around though,

Aniseed rock was my favourite especially once it had gone soft I hated those sharp crunchy pieces the stick broke into once you'd smashed it.

Hope the weather doesn't spoil it for for those who celebrate St Patrick's day.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X