This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Very cold again here, though perhaps not as bad as yesterday as it's quite cloudy. Due to get extremely cold, though over the next few days, as the forecast says the three kings are bringing a mass of polar air with them this year. But drizzle forecast for today and tomorrow and even a thunderstorm this evening.

Busy day again, but that's just as well. The more I get out the way now, the more I won't have to do later.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

I'll be mostly indoors this morning baking and making oatcakes, not to sure after that.

Lottie my friends dog has a sleeping bag when snuggles inside it you can't see him

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. It was trying to sleet/snow last night as I went to bed. This morning bright sunshine although the car is still frozen.

When I looked at my emails this morning there was one from DHL.....my parcel was at their local office......then another; it's out for delivery. Evidently I'm delivery number 32 and the van is now at 28!

I may go and do a grory hop when the car has defrosted.....and my parcel has arrived......

Comment

• Good morning all. Very cold here, the temp fell to zero.
          We have decided to take down the Christmas decorations today..
          That should take care of the day as we have a multitude of the stuff to pack away,

Hope you're curtains arrive Greenishfing.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• good morning all,hope you do like them GF when they turn up,am all chipper today,all domestics done,now just chilling until my visitors arrive,have a good day everyone
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Have a lovely day lottie!!

Afternoon all, freezing but sunny. Meeting daughter for lunch…outdoors!!! Not sure that will last long!

Catch up later. Enjoy your day. x
              sigpic

Comment

• Yes the curtains have arrived and are now hung. They are the right size and a lovely rich dark green colour and the thermal linings block out the light well and hopefully keep the heat in. I'm hoping that the creases drop out over the next week with no further intervention from me. I'm glad I didn't cut off my nose to spite my face and cancel the order.

Just going to look on google how busy the supermarket is.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Sunny and cold, brrr....

Had to go out to the GC to get a birthday card for my sister. While I was there I spotted some wild bird seed all British grown and in a cardboard box, so I bought some. I seldom buy mixed seed, sticking to sunflower hearts as spilled seed doesn't grow and involve later weeding, but I couldn't resist these - all British - and in cardboard too, a big box for a fiver. Needless to say there were a few loose seeds on the car seat by the time I got home, but a small price to pay for plastic-free packaging. Then I had to rummage in the shed for the other pole hanger to hang the extra feeder on.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Fantastic news gf!…enjoy!

I’m sorting out the camper stuff - all the diy stuff left to one side in case we needed it again, plus the piles of things …bedding, storage stuff, awning, chairs, kitchen things etc etc which have got into a bit of a tumble.

I was originally looking for the smoke/CO detector but I’m still to find that

It’ll be good to get it all into the Camper once and for all

Good bargain there MH!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Found it!^^^^

I'd put it safely in a biscuit tin
                      And yes, the room looks much tidier
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                        Christmas all boxed up and packed away.
                        House is hoovered and polished and we are back to where we started.
                        Roll on the bright evenings and some sunny weather.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening.

I had my baking session this morning then after lunch stacked logs that MrP had split. The ice never left the garden but pushing a barrow soon warms you up.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a cold day today, did some washing then some housework, before preparing for the tea later, once finished was out the back sawing some wood in preparation for working in the greenhouse, though don't intend sowing any seeds till end Feb., well thats the plan at the moment, but could change​​​​​​, snow stopped that for a time so, back in and made some porridge for lunch then back out and removed my pea and bean frames, then raked the soil, again some light snow but continued till job done, then made the tea, though a slight improvement with OH, she will still need to phone the doc. tomorrow, just back in after walking the dog, and it is bitterly cold again tonight so no doubt will be frosty overnight, now going to look up what tallow candles are, as I came across a reference to them earlier, evedently someone who remembers using such things, but way before my time​​​​​​. Well take care and keep safe and pass on a smile
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All It's freezing again but no frost, very strange. Only today to go to the germ factory then WFH. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all. Frost here Flo, the car is white all over and the roofs are sparkling in the streetlights. No clouds that I can see, so I expect it will be sunny at least to begin the day. Always seems to turn frosty with a new moon, doesn't it?
                                Off to put the kettle on now.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X