X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Happy New Year

oh gosh Jay…that sounds an expensive thing to have to do. I suppose it’ll be safer though in the end.
    Gf…how frustrating try and keep feeling positive - you’ll be thrilled once they arrive ( so long as they are the right size!)

We ended up bringing in the New Year….twice!
    We were watching Victoria Wood on the tele and heard some banging and first thought was that the boiler was making funny noises below us in the cellar. Turned out to be midnight fireworks! Phew….Clink clink of the mugs of tea.
    Then we realised Jules Holland was on so watched that and welcomed in the uk New Year….again but this time with a clink clink of water. Oh how the mighty celebrate!

Quiet day for us - probably ending with an early night!

Whats everyone else up to today?
    I finished my jigsaw yesterday so and seeing as it’s pretty warm outside I plan to do something outside….
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning and a Happy New year.

We spent New years Eve watching Worzel Gummidge we'd recorded and thoroughly enjoyed it

Todays plan is to take down the decorations then later burn the holly we've had on the mantlepiece.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy New Year Bright and breezy here so washing machine going on. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• A second good morning everybody. all the decorations are down, everywhere vaccuumed and dusted, beds changed and laundry done! Just having a sit-down now before getting out the stepladder and heaving the four duvet boxes of decorations and 2 bags of tree pieces into the loft. Plus other smaller boxes and bags. It gets harder each year but there is nowhere else with space enough to store it all. Probably if I bought some better shaped boxes I wouldn't need so many. But the duvet boxes cost nothing so I've stuck with them.

Sun's out here, a lovely bright New Year's Day
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Bright and breezy and the sun is shining.
            Laundry done and out on the line.
            No plans for the day, just pottering.

Mothhawk, super efficient, I ont take my decorations down until after the weekend.

Rary, I never thought of a chiropractor, I will certainly give one a try.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Well into the new year here now. Nearly lunchtime in fact.

Hope you all had a lovely evening and a great start to 2022. Sorry about the curtains, though, gf. Fingers crossed you never need those alarms, Jay, but they sound like a good thing to have.

Absolutely freezing cold last night. Frost so heavy down in the fields it still looked like snow at 11.30 am. Lovely and sunny now, though. Might have lunch outdoors, even.

Quite a busyish day today, work and a bit of a tidy of my desk. Only a bit, just to clear some room for my elbow to rest in! I wouldn't like to overdo it...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Well, I’m Mrs Blobby today!

Not just because I need to lose weight but also having spent an hour soaking in the bath reading a book whilst OH has been preparing lunch!
                Its an easy reading book called “Christmas at Rachael’s Pudding Pantry” by Caroline Roberts and I thought I’d better get it finished before I start dieting on Monday!!!!

So I’m now sat in front of the wood fire with a large glass of water reading with wonderful smells wafting through from the kitchen..mmmm…

We don’t usually take our decorations down until 12 th Night but I may do it before then this year…we’ll see.

Anyone fancy a nice glass of water?…no?…I thought not!

Comment

• Afternoon

Christmas is back in the cupboard, the cards have been cut up to make shopping lists and the rooms been dusted so we're all back to normal.

Comment

• I actually feel like I need a bit longer before packing away.
                    Both trees must have been super fresh as only the one not in water has started to droop a bit, but no needles dropping as yet!

Comment

• HI all,a very happy new year to all,i know,my clock has gone out of sink,had a lovely very chilled out time last night,everything around me felt great,finally hit the sack at 2 am,and a good sleep this afternoon,not quite ready to yet go yet,am very surprised your curtains have not come yet,it maybe on account of the post not being sent out until after Tuesday,as i think,is like Christmas was,those days are classed as holidays ?????,that's a great idea bren cutting up the cards,i would recommend some phisio ,when i had really bad trapped nerves,it did me good,it was organized though the GP,along with a few excersices i was given,it was an almighty relief,i also going to leave the decorations until i have to,it nice to feel alive,plus it is the 1 thing we can control,will look in sometime in a few hours time sweet dreams all
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright again. Have a lovely Sunday
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

We have sunshine with a bit of a breeze, the washing out on the line and I've been in the garden pottering around.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all

Very late start this morning - I was awake from 4-7 am , then let Hibou out and fell back asleep!

Diet starts tomorrow so OH has suggested that as it’s almost lunchtime here that we start our last day with a bacon butty! He made some beautiful bread rolls the other day and froze them so I’m looking forward to the bread as much as the bacon.
                            We found a shop selling artisan made ‘bacon’ - it’s more like extra fine cut high smoked streaky bacon - similar to the extra fine cut American/ Canadian bacon .

Wet again here - didn’t expect rain but it’s still mild.

Enjoy your Sunday peeps….
                            Last edited by Nicos; 02-01-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,looks like another lovely day again,have got the doors open again,so nice to feel the fresh air,hope you both enjoyed them Nicos,have a good Sunday all
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• They were really lovely thanks Lottie * licks dribbled egg yolk from fingers
                                A real treat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X