X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Poor nights sleep for me too gf At least I didn’t miss the thunderstorms

More clearing up and packing today. Didn't manage any planting out yesterday so it looks like, unless there is a break in the clouds, we’ll be planting out in the rain. Doesn’t bother me really - it’s all part of the fun in reality.

I’ll pop in when I can over the next couple of weeks . We leave at daybreak tomorrow. At least I don’t need to worry about the house send garden as we will have a couple of people helping us out.Hibou will be pleased with their company too.

Anyway - see you later peeps! Enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Nicos; 23-05-2022, 05:36 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

I'm waking up far to early with the sun we've put blackout curtains up to the bedroom windows but light leaks from the top. Messed around yesterday making a pelmet/cornice out of cardboard that seems to work so we're going to make a wooden one today.

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        The bright mornings seem to be waking us up early as well.
        Bren, have you considered wearing an eye mask, very effective.

Enjoy your holiday Nicos.
        No plans for the day so I will take it as it comes.
        Have a good one and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gosh, I hate curtains and love being woken by morning light. I've always been like that but it really suits me now, as I can get all my gardening done before it gets too hot. Need to start having proper afternoon naps soon, though, to make up for it.

The smiles set off late today, as they wanted to watch Mr Snoop set up the tomato structure. And a fine construction it is. The plants are going out much later than usual, but better late than never. We'll get a harvest eventually. Won't need to do much bed preparation now for yellow and Italian-style peppers, chilli and aubergine plants that I'll buy on Friday. Still got loads to do, but it always feels like I'm getting somewhere when the toms go out.

Masses of paid work to get through too, so better get a move on. Fortunately, the temperatures are starting to drop (high of 30 ºC forecast for today), might be a smidgen higher, but back down into the low twenties tomorrow. Perfect.

Have a great trip, Nicos. And have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all. Grey, cool and drizzly here. I've just been to the big supermarket with Mr GF. I only usually go there every couple of months for life's little luxuries. My list of things I can't get more locally, such as paella rice, risotto rice, capers and saffron was growing and I had some money off coupons valid for this week too. So win! win!🙂 Mr GF is really happy as he has now got a few jars of his favourite anchovy stuffed olives. We'd both never eaten either anchovies or olives until the late 1970s. How times have changed! I will be having my first attempt at making paella (another 1970's first) later this week now.🤞I'm practically drooling at the thought of it, so I hope it's a success.

The sweetcorn germination seems to have stopped at 42 so the propagater lids are off now. Amazing to think that if all goes well these tiny sprouts will turn into 5 foot triffids by the end of the Summer.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 23-05-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Evening

Snoop the sun hits our bedroom windows at around 5am thats a bit to early for me I'm usually up just before 7 probably a bit later in winter, I did try an eye mast like Bramble suggested but I couldn't get comfy enough. It looks like the pelmet/cornice is the solution for us.

Safe journey Nicos

Comment

• Phew…basic tick list sorted finally. All ready and packed up , and goodness me, no stormy crossing tomorrow according to the shipping forecast.
                Thanks for your kind wishes peeps-I’ll pop in when I can.
                What am I looking forward to food wise? Jammy dodgers! That’ll help my diet!

Nighty night…sleep tight . I’ll tiptoe out in the morning….Brioche rolls for everyone?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Enjoy the trip Nicos!

Bren we are the same, just now it’s daylight around 4.30am and if it’s sunny it shines straight into our bedroom, Been going to get black out blinds for ages but just never got round to it.

Evening all, some good news today. Starting tomorrow OH can come home from hospital for the day but has to go back for a sleepover at night. Very happy…finally light at the end of the tunnel!!

Enjoy the rest of your evening folks! x

sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

That's excellent news, Jay22. Hope you both have a lovely day today.

Got up this morning put on my shorts and t-shirt, went out to feed the dogs, went back in to change. Much too cold for shorts and t-shirt. Hope it's not too cold for the tomatoes, which I planted out at long last last night. The weather forecast says drizzle this afternoon.

Not going to do much in the garden this morning. A once-around with the watering can and I reckon that'll be it. Might do some strimming later, weather permitting.

Other than that, I have to get through a ton of work and also visit the neighbours. They're going to be away for a bit and I've volunteered to water their patch in their absence, so I need to go and check out their system.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

That's really good news Jay. There's nothing like being at home with loved ones to speed recovery.

Had some nice gentle rain overnight which has nicely watered in the cosmos and aquilegia I planted out yesterday.

The blue tit is still bravely soldiering on feeding her babies by herself. She's been on her own for a fortnight now. It's taking longer, they are past the normal fledging time, but hopefully she will have raised most of them. I need to get some more fat balls with mealworms in. She relies on them quite a bit, in between bringing in caterpillars and other insects.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning. Great news Jay. I think home is always the best place to recover, as long as you have a willing helper.

The sun is shining brightly here, despite the only 12°C temperature. We might get showers by lunchtime however.

I had a truly awful night's sleep last night. I evidently awoke at 2am, yelling and woke up Mr GF. I had had a really scary nightmare. For a long time after that I really didn't want to go back to sleep.

The wonderful aroma of fresh bread got me out of bed this morning. I'd set the breadmaker off on the timer last night. I was a bit worried that the trusty machine was on it's last legs. Two loaves in a row haven't risen as much as usual. I had cleaned it all out very well after the first one, but it made no difference. This time I thought maybe it's the yeast (which goes out of date in a couple of months), I opened a new box. Eureka! I've got a well risen loaf this morning.

I'm another who keeps the curtains shut in Summer or the sun tends to shine directly on my face at the crack of dawn.

I hope Nicos got organised and has caught her ferry this morning. I hate the cross channel ferry, but there's something welcoming about watching the white cliffs of Dover getting closer.

Comment

• Morning

That's good news Jay I'm sure MrJ will be much more comfy at home even if its just for the day xx

GF I've never had much success with dried yeast luckily I can buy fresh from the local corn merchant so I'm hoping they keep on stocking it, I've heard you can ask for it at Tesco.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all from a bright and breezy Dublin.

Jay, so delighted to hear your good news, it will give Mr Jay a real boost.

Busy day today, line dancing this morning and then attending my granddaughters graduation ceremony this afternoon.
                            Dont know if I will get much time for gardening other then watering the greenhouse plants.
                            Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hubby got home on day release!! Sounds like he has been in prison. First time he has been home for almost 7 weeks, unfortunately had to take him back for a ‘sleepover’ to continue in his meds. Good day, light at the end of the tunnel!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good night all.
                                Jay, great to hear you and other half had an enjoyable day.
                                Like you say, light at the end of the tunnel.

We had a lovely afternoon at my g daughters graduation.
                                It was very emotional looking at all these girls saying goodbye to the friends they had made over the years and going their separate ways.
                                However, they still have to do their leaving cart exams starting the first week of June.
                                Not a lot else to report.
                                Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse