This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Couldn't get back off to sleep so thought I might as well get up. Kettle's on for them as want a brew. The smiles were quite glad to have an early off, so should be with you presto pronto.

Bright sky overhead but a big bank of that USS Enterprise type cloud formation off to the south, indicating wind. Quite chilly too, but no frost up by the house at least.

Busy day ahead. The weeds have been going crazy after all this rain (more due in a few days it would seem), so I've got my work cut out, dealing with them. And plenty of work to get through too. So better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin Snoopn’alln’all

Love your description of your cloud formation….Ours can only be described as Tupperware skies( as in the strange grey lid colouring)
      I’d love another brew please Snoop - ta muchly.

Wet and very blustery here, so it’s a day of domestics for me.

How is your paving coming on Snadge? Always wonderful seeing work progressing.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here wind socks going mad

Grory hop this morning then some baking not to sure after that but it wont be gardening with how the weather is. Mind you I just looked out the window and we have blue skies must be a bit of a lull.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Mornin Snoopn’alln’all

Love your description of your cloud formation….Ours can only be described as Tupperware skies( as in the strange grey lid colouring)
          I’d love another brew please Snoop - ta muchly.

Wet and very blustery here, so it’s a day of domestics for me.

How is your paving coming on Snadge? Always wonderful seeing work progressing.
          Paving should be finished today methinks. The contractor is now on finishing off all the 'fiddly' bits where blocks need cutting. After all pieces are in place he will probably have to spread some fine sand and use the 'wacker' to bed it in. Once its done I'll try and get a piccie. This is the fourth day on quite a small area so I can understand now why it was comparively expensive to have laid. Should be plenty of room for my car, my camper and possibly a wee grey fergie tractor, yet to be purchased!
          There has been heavy overnight rain here which should have helped bed everything in.

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning. I think it was the howling wind that was blowing things around that awakened me the second time. Thick grey cloud to go with it too, but in the last minute or two the sun has just found a tiny gap to shine through. Rain forecast for much of the day however.

Yesterday evening, just after we had eaten, we got an unexpected surprise. One of my husband's old friends had been shopping with his son and appeared at the door with a couple of award winning pork pies from a not so local butchers. A couple of weeks ago, when he called in and stayed for a meal, he was telling me how good they were.

After daily phone calls from the discharge sister at the hospital telling me that the elderly relative is leaving and going back to her care home I am optimistic that it might actually happen today. I will ring the care home later and find out what their latest requirements are for visiting.

I can't see any gardenning happening today, apart from glowering and wagging my finger at the bare compost where I am expecting seedlings to appear. Mr GF says he can't believe they've had the temerity to ignore me so far.

I'll go and do some overdue domestic chores now, it'll keep me out of trouble.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 07-04-2022, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              Should be plenty of room for my car, my camper and possibly a wee grey fergie tractor, yet to be purchased!
              A tractor?!!! A tractor?!!! I need to know more. Call me Mrs Nosy...

Is it for the piece of woodland I think you were looking at? I presume not for your allotment.

How is the camper doing, by the way?

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Sun and clouds here and blustery with it.
                We had such gale force winds 9vernight I feared for my greenhouse.
                No plans for the dsy so will take it as it comes.pHave a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• morning all,things have calmed down,but just feel drained,am not going to my group later,another sleep will happen ,i have never had had a reaction before from them,unfortunately it seems like the meds leave effects for a few days after oh joy ,anyhow,hope your all ok,i am glad however that i did sow my main lot of toms and cue's,as the frost had my first lot,together with ALL the chilli and peppers,never mind,these things happen,will try some more in the prop,have a good day and Bgood2yourselves
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                    Not much happening chez Mothhawk. Did a grory hop this morning, so the larder's full again. Also popped into Wilk0s and bought a smaller washing up bowl which won't need so much hot water, and fits the sink better. I'll keep the big one for big pans and tins that get occasional use, but all the daily crockery and pans will fit the new bowl nicely.

A couple of seed packets jumped into the basket with the bowl, so I shall be growing chard and leaf beet this year if I can find a little space somewhere.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Just popping in to say hi and share a brew with you.
                      The sun has come out and although very windy isn’t actually too cold.
                      I now feel I should at least go and I cut the front lawns seeing as the wind has dried them.
                      At my last visit to the diy superstore I picked up a large rubble bag which has reinforced handles - and has a nice wide opening. I’ll actually be using it for putting the grass clippings in for the compost heap / mulching plants.
                      I best go and give it a try eh?
                      Enjoy the rest of your day peeps - don’t over do things those of you ( us) suffering from various frustrating ailments….

Comment

• And I’m back inside again.,..desperately in need of a pint of water!
                        The bag is great - it’s got a wider opening at the top for tipping in the grass clippings. A great buy as far as I’m concerned.

Its actually turned into a nice afternoon. I’ll pop out and deadhead the daffs. 5hey’ve been a fantastic show this year. I must remember to feed them. I always forget Does anyone use anything specifically for their daffs?

Comment

• Afternoon

Walking back from the Grory hop dragging my trolley a big gust of wind nearly took me of my feet Its an exposed spot with fields as far as you can see so I shouldn't have gone that way really.

Nicos like you I only dead head my daffs, in the past I've seen people bending the stems over then tying them up not sure what that's supposed to achieve.
                          ​​
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I’ve never fed my bulbs,the bulbs in the wild/public places can’t be fertilised either? Deadheading them helps preserve their energy from the leaves for next year. I sometimes tie them to make them look tidier & smaller,they look messy left as they are,a lot of the garden is messy though don’t get the wrong idea

Comment

• Good evening, had some rain this morning, just a light shower but enough to wet the grass which in turn soaked my feet when out with the dog (our son and family are away on holiday and we are have their dog) I had just slipped on my gardening trainers which didn't help keep my feet dry went to the church coffee morning,then by the time we got back home the Sun was out and finished up a nice afternoon, though just back in from a walk and its bitterly cold, I did get my "hot bin" set up,so will post some photos, but sadly my kindle run out of battery power before I was finished and missed some photos, the kindle is the only thing that takes photos that I can upload, the photos will follow shortly remember to pass on a smile, there are a lot of people in need of them​​​​​​
                              Last edited by rary; 07-04-2022, 07:14 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Ta muchly for the smile Rary…much appreciated xx

I’ll pass it on to Flo if I may…still sending her very positive thoughts and comfort xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X