No announcement yet.

To all you New Zealanders

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think thats my problem...to me its not just a game!!
    I have too much pasion for the sport!
    It kills me..
    Impossible is not a fact its an opinion...
    Impossible is not a decleration its a dare...
    Impossible is potential......

www.danmonaghan.co.uk

Comment

did we not win then??

Comment

Kiwi Rach I know you are teasing. You of all people know its much more than that.
        The ref is well known as a disciplinarian, and to be honest, apart from the first yellow in the second half, (high tackle) I didnt think any were even harsh.
        Sackey is dire. I sat in the stadium in Nantes during the world cup against Fiji and he wasnt in the game apart from finishing. I know he's a winger and is therefore paid to finish, but he brings absolutely nothing else to the party.
        Playing for 35 mins against clearly the best side in the world (except every 4 years) just isnt good enough. Lack of intensity, lack of inventiveness, just a lack really.
        However as has already been pointed out, they stuffed us here and 6 years later we won the world cup. Here's hoping.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

to be fair, i havent seen the game at all, just watched the score tick over on a match tracker online, so cant comment on how bad you lot played. was surprised to see the number of yellows on the list tho...who was the ref?

and Bob, i'm pleased you knew i was only teasing....rugby is our religion in NZ.

i kept an eye on the wales oz game, and got all nostalgic when Robbie Deans was on....hes now the aussie coach, however to me hes a legend....part of the great Canterbury team of the 80's....yet back home in Christchurch there are some who want him excommunicated(or however you sp it!) for leaving their beloved Canterbury and crossing the Tasman......not only did he leave Canty, he went to Australia!!.

oh, and heres hoping we dont bottle it in yet another world cup!!.
          Finding Home

Comment

The ref was Alain Rolland, he's a dual national Irish-French. I find him a decent ref, strict and takes no back chat but good.
            I know how rugby is in NZ having been there on a few rugby tours, quasi religious indeed.
            If you cant win the world cup in your own back yard, with the team you have now (oh for an English Dan Carter, Tony Woodcock and Ma'a Nonu) I dont think you ever will.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Rugby is like Marmite - to some it is RUGBY, to others it is just a game.

My flag is washed and ready for February and the way Wales and Scotland are playing at the moment it will be Game ON....
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

I'll wager you a packet of seeds that England dont beat Wales in the 6n's Piskie. I'm English by the way, although exiled.
                Bob Leponge

Comment

oh gawd - can I counter-wager cos I don't think we will either ...however....I take your bet and raise you
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

If we're both right/wrong then we could swap a packet of English stuff for French stuff
                    How's that grab you?
                    Bob Leponge

Comment

I'm grabbed
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Me too - whats with the funny shaped balls? !
                        To see a world in a grain of sand
                        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

it's on BBC2 now for anyone that missed it

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                            it's on BBC2 now for anyone that missed it
                            oh rude words.....i've just packed up me telly

just waiting for the ________ * insert suitable words* men and their van....they are running late
                            Finding Home

Comment

In the words of Marvin " I think I'm feeling rather depressed"
                              Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X