Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October's GYO magazine

Interesting selection of free seeds this month:
    • Gourd - Snake (Offspring was disappointed the gourds don't grow with the faces and stripes/patches/zig zags already on them! Seed fill 5 so at least there are a couple of spares if germination is patchy.)
    • Lettuce - Arctic King (The packet says 'exceptional cold resistance' so these'll be useful for planting shortly.)
    • Sweet Pepper - Lunchbox Mix (The packet says 'We've put together a sunny mix of mini sweet peppers'. The seed fill is only 3 so if just 2 don't germinate there'll not be much of a 'mix'!)
    Any idea why the delivery date of the magazine is so variable? The earliest I've had one delivered was 25th March. The latest has been today (6th Sept). The other magazines we have subscriptions for are much more consistent in their delivery date (usually arriving on or within a couple of days of the same date each month).
    Last edited by Purple Primrose; 06-09-2021, 04:11 PM.

PP no idea why the mag arrives at different times I’m just happy to see it on my rug.

I received different seeds to you along with a ’100 gardening questions answered’ mag

Beetroot,
    Watercress,
    Camomile
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I forgot to mention the 100 questions mag. It does have some interesting questions in it.

I'm now wondering why we didn't get the same selection of seeds. I'd assumed that all subscribers would get exactly the same seeds. Now I'm thinking that it must be a random selection from whatever seeds the magazine company can get hold of. Whatever happens, it has resulted in me receiving a good variety of different seeds over the year. Some unusual types I'd not have thought of buying but I've been pleased to receive them and found them interesting to grow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
      • Snoop Puss
        Reply to Cooking Tonight #5
        by Snoop Puss
        Today, 09:13 AM
      • Containergardener
        Reply to Chitchat thread #24
        by Containergardener
        Today, 09:13 AM
      • Holly Daze
        Leeks
        by Holly Daze
        Morning! I’ve grown some leeks from seed and have transplanted them into small pots. To give context they are about 6 inches tall and skinny. When can I transplant them into my raised bed please? This is the second time I have grown these. First time they were devastated by alium moth or something...
        Today, 08:58 AM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X