Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson & Morgan Offers ?

Hi There All,
    First post as a newbie, I thought I would take a gamble with an end of season offer with T&G via a newspaper ad for 72 perennial plant (Lucky Dip) 26/08. The order arrived Friday 03/09 and then 04/09 I received an e-mail offer with a another 72 perennial offer at £4.99 ? ? ? My problem is this is I cannot believe that the company never new about the upcoming reduced offer when I placed my order and is this a common practise or would you contact them as I have done and ask what is going on ?

Also on a side note I want to buy a chipper/mulcher any recommendations ? Have been searching for a while and Forester seem to be the best choice but at a cost sadly, I did see a Youtube for a Spanish built one which is marketed as a (Garlnd 100e) which seems to do a decent job what I do know is that I want an impact and not a barrel bladed as all that I have vied seem to chop into chunks that would take an age to break down when mixed in with compost for soil improvement.

Any help with the two above sort of problems would be greatly received.

Geoff.

Hello and welcome, 1BF.

I can't comment on the chipper/mulcher, but I imagine the T&G offer is typical of any company that has short-dated goods. Much like a supermarket might offer 30% off something in the morning and then 50% or more off in the evening if the goods haven't yet sold. They probably think it's sensible business practice.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine 1BF

Like Snoop says it’s just how businesses seem to work, and as s customer you never know when the next offer is going to come along.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi Snoop Puss & Bren In The Pots,
        Thanks for the replies I actually had a reply from T&M who said the 2nd offer was for next season due for a March del. Being totally honest it was my own fault for not reading the ad in-depth. None the less it was as if they where talking as if I had ordered weeks/months earlier and not days in my specific case.

My main bugbare was the fact I only ordered 8/9 days before I had the 2nd offer emailed to me. I took it as a bit of a cheek until customer service explained. Even so I thought they would have informed me when I 1st ordered and I could have accepted the wait for next season.

At the end of the day it will teach me to read thoroughly before jumping at an offer.

Geoff.
        Last edited by 1batfastard; 11-09-2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Maybe you should treat yourself to the second offer so you don’t feel quite so bad about it!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hi All,
            Well Nicos funny you should mention that, T&M have just made a goodwill gesture and are sending me another 72 perennials, so I am not so sad now..

Geoff.

Comment

I use T&M quite a bit for £1 seeds and special offers, they can be rubbish at keeping to delivery dates and quality can also be very hit and miss, however, they are excellent at sending out replacements. I complained about some begonia plugs, 5 out of 24 were dead or dying, (I always take photos) and asked for 5 replacements, they sent me another 24 which I shared out amongst my neighbours.
              I also complained about the overall quality of 72 bedding plugs and they didn't hesitate to refund the full price.
              So swings and roundabouts
              I did get caught out with some Pansy plug plants which were reduced further a week after I placed my order. I've made a note in my calendar for next year
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
              https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
              Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Hi Peanut,
                What you mentioned about some of the plugs dying and hit and miss, that all comes as part of the of postal plants to me accepted risk so long as it's not to bad. But it was a nice surprise to receive the news sadly they're 1st reply was words to the effect of :- the 2nd offer was for next season with delivery in march, but the person replying seemed to be under the impression I had bought them earlier in the season when I clearly stated dates of order/delivery and receiving the 2nd offer in an email.

I don't know seems these days you get this lackadaisical attitude to customers whatever you buy sadly.

Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
                  Hi All,
                  Well Nicos funny you should mention that, T&M have just made a goodwill gesture and are sending me another 72 perennials, so I am not so sad now..

Geoff.

Absolutely fantastic!…brill news!….good on ya T&M
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

This thread reminded me of buying things like freezers and getting bombed by adverts for more freezers even by the seller of the one I bought it from.
                    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Hi All,
                      Plot70 - Just a forum version of Youtube without vids.... Seems like every site you log onto you get bombarded with the things mainly for stuff your not interested in, also I find that unless you click accept all cookie most sites are halting progress any further.

Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
                        Geoff.
                        Glad to hear T&M came good. I had a packet of T&M Black Russian toms that turned out to be Black Cherry instead, after contacting them I was sent a link to chose a replacement packet as they were out of BR toms 3 days later the replacement pack arrived.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi All,
                          BIP - I suppose at the end of the day it depends on who is at the other end of your complaint, but like you said T&M came good in the end so smiles all round for me.....

Geoff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X