No announcement yet.

Spamsters

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seed beggar = Someone who comes onto the seed swap and begs for seeds.
    Last edited by zazen999; 23-11-2008, 09:24 AM.

Comment

They must be some very weird and desperate people if they beg for seeds. Okay another dumb (maybe dumber) question - are the seed beggars going to grow the seeds or are the seeds going to waste?
      Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 23-11-2008, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Who knows?

He came on as Dave something, got short shrift, then came back as someone else, got the same again - I think both were deleted - then came back as helena! thinking that we would be nicer to a lady [most likely] still begging for the same seeds [doh]. Then because people were saying it was rude, has rejoined and made comments about gardening, I suppose trying to make some friends, in order to re-beg seeds at a later date.

I'm sure we'd all help out someone struggling, but to come straight out with seed begging is rude.

It wouldn't have been noticed or commented upon if they were offering to swap. I've swapped seeds before and never had any back from the person - and still waiting on some that were promised a while ago - but hey ho. then again, I'm also waiting to dig some up that I promised other people, but I have emailed a holding PM saying i hadn't forgotten. It's all swings and roundabouts in the end.

Comment

As I said before weird. Well you learn something new everyday I'm used to spammers from a different forum I am on but never expected it on this forum. I guess the blighters get everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
            ... Well you learn something new everyday:... never expected it on this forum. I guess the blighters get everywhere.
            Just what I was about to say!

I have also begged for seed but I am not ashamed!

You might be interested to know that you can get 'hacked or trojened' whilst on-line and your computer used to send spam. Proper spam that is, to people's addresses not to forum threads.
            Hapenned to me recently but then in this part of the world it is rife.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              I thought you were refering to a new breed of carnivourus hamster!

LOL, I thought Spamster was a generalized term it popped into my head. This is the only forum I attend and I love it here but those eejits just throw in a spanner sometimes. And they weren't even interesting ones.

Mods on here are brill and anything we can do to help make their lives easier is a good thing and obviously appreciated - good on ya guys and gals
              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X