Down lights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down lights

Does anyone on here know anything about ceiling down lights? When my new kitchen was installed 4 years ago it included these. However 7 of the 8 have now stopped working. They are the sort where you have to replace the whole unit and not just the lamp. Expensive as I will also have to employ an electrician to do the work. I do have loads more of these units as they were intended to be installed in other rooms in the house. I’m reluctant to use any more of them as they will become an expensive burden over the years. They have a 10 year warranty that is of no use to me as I haven’t got a clue where they came from and as they were installed by the son who is no longer speaking to me I can’t claim.

When looking on line, most suppliers have more of this kind of fitting than the ones where you can replace the lamp. Not being an electrician, I don’t know what to do. I suppose replacing the current ones with the ones I have is the cheapest option at the moment but not in the long run. If I understood the way they’re connected I would do it myself but things have changed since I did basic electricity maintenance in Domestic Science at school.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

When I was at work I replaced all the downlighters with GU10 units and fitted LED bulbs, they last for ever, don't generate heat and so save on your leccy bill too. I don't have down lighters at home.

Comment

Personally , I think maybe go for the new led type and get an electrician in.
      You might be able to sell some of those other lights on line?

Theres a lot more choice around these days.
      Having lived in you ‘new’ kitchen you might want to place them in different places too?

Go on... treat yourself . We have one set of 3 lights over the sink which we can chose what colour and it’s actually fun to click on a hand zapper to suit your mood. Daft maybe but certainly uplifting.... It was the same price as 3 white ones...and all white is the default option.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X