spam email

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spam email

I received a spam email yesterday that looked very much as if it was from Herriot-Watt university and yet relating to bt billing. As the uni has a campus in Dubai and Malaysia, I wondered if their students were branching out into a scam sideline.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

There seems to be a lot of scammers active just now, need to be careful out there.

Comment

We have loads, the trick is to click on the senders name to see if their address looks suspect.
      We’ve had several from our bank ​​​​​​ and a lot of delivery messages saying we have to pay import duty or they won’t deliver
      None of which were bone fide.
      They do manage to copy logos etc very accurately too

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

There is always somebody doing it,i had a phone call tother day,claiming to be from the income tax,saying something about me and fraud,i put it down PDQ,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I normally switch the phone off or unplug the land line for a few minutes so that they don't call back again.
          One of those banking ones would not drop the line even if you put your finger on the hook. It just rang again immediately.
          I just clicked the phone line out of the master socket and allowed a few minutes for the line to clear.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X