No announcement yet.

Should I be ashamed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one plot well half plot really and I want another but I dont begrudge anyone that has more I say well done you for keeping them going.
    As for the seed hoard well what can I say ? Would you like to come and sort mine out for me and whilst your at it maybe help me plant some lol.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

See, there was me thinking PLW had taken them outside for a good thrashing, then barred them from t'voine!
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        didn't even get a chance to chuck a peanut from the gallery
        excellent.....has me chuckling away here!!!
        Finding Home

Comment

So thats where the seed swap parcel went !!!! : only joking
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

I take my hat off to PW! (well I would if the only one I have wasn't currently under a cat's bottom serving as a cushion!)

janeyo

Comment

So when is Pigletwillie advertising his wares on the seeds swap - want advance notice

Comment

Originally posted by toastie View Post
                Whilst not wishing to sound pompous - I am amazed that you have four allotments as you cannot possibly eat all of the produce that you grow if you manage them properly. In this time of 'credit crunch' I am surprised that the local Council (or whomever runs the allotment) lets you have four plots. I have half a plot and this has kept myself, partner and parents well stocked with veg and have had enough runner beans to give to neighbours, friends, hairdresser and basically whoever wanted the things.

With regard to the mass of seeds that you have, you cannot possibly sow all these within their best 'sow by date'.
                Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
                I normally work 4 days on and then have 4 off so have plenty of time to attend the plots. Furthermore, 1 plot is an orchard, 1 has tunnels on it and 1 is all down to raised beds and soft fruit so are fairly low maintenance. As Seahorse said, our plots were close to being sold off so a few of us took on extras to keep the council at bay. It worked, they were not sold off and as a result a site of 160 plots still exists.

As for the produce, we feed our extended family, preserve tons for the winter and supply a couple of oap neighbours. I also try to establish unusual or difficult to get hold of seeds, such as banana shallots, rose de roscoff onions et all, of which over 300 packets have been distributed at no cost to the recipient over the last 18 months.

Anyway, I rooted out another dozen packets last night to go on the seed swap board.

Piskie, its not the holding down the Mrs that difficult, its catching her first. I think I may upgrade.
                A quick read of Piglets blog and this question would have never needed to have been asked .While Piglet and I have our differences I take my hat off to him in the way that he runs his 4 plots. As far as I know he has won awards for his plot/plots so he must be doing something right .If he is capable of looking after 4 plots properly and then uses the produce for his family and friends whats wrong with that . Nobody is suggesting that he supplies the local greengrocer or is selling it for a profit.
                In my opinion its better that he runs 4 plots properly rather than one or more plots being taken off him to give to someone who is following the latest trend and gives up after 6 months and by the time the plot comes up for reletting is a mass of weeds again.
                There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Each to their own, is what I say.
                  Personally, whilst I wouldn't want four allotments, as long as the person in charge is keeping the allotments clean, growing, and being a lovely neighbour to other allotment holders, if they aren't denying others from having an allotment of their own, that's okay.

From a personal point of view, for future reference, Piggy you'll have to let me into your 'Secret' darling, as I'm hugely intrigued as to what you do with such gorgeous produce of that magnitude

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X