No announcement yet.

Some good news and light!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plasterers have just departed - the spare room ceiling and living room wall look brilliant.
    Going to village book club tonight.
    Someone rang me up to ask if I'd help decorate the village hall for all the upcoming Christmas events (Lived here 9 years - I must have made it as an honorary 'local' - was pleased to be asked)
    Looking forward to a happy (if cold) planting day on Sunday with the village Britain in Bloom group - we always have such a laugh.
    Today's loaf has just come out of the oven & smells fab. Thinking of all the people in the world who can't afford bread - am I lucky or what?
    Mr Flum is LOVELY - whatever I cook he says it's his favourite!
    Keep thinking of my chooks-to-be and smiling!
    Last edited by Flummery; 19-11-2008, 04:25 PM. Reason: added another!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
      .....The merlot I am drinking is superb.
      at 1600hrs

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
      ....this vodka is well deserved and tatses great....
      at 1600hrs on a school night
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        at 1600hrs

Well, you know what is said about beating and joining.

* runs downstairs and downstairs to check out box of merlot in the kitchen.
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          at 1600hrs

well i have been digging, raking and shiftin heavy slabs backwards and forwards since 9 am , and the sun is so far over the yardarm its gone!
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I'm still here, waking up every morning around 6 am. The birds are visiting the garden, helping themselves to the berries and apples, also the seeds in the feeders and the fatballs that I've hung up. The winter sowing of Aquadulce broadbeans have germinated, the homesaved sweetpeas likewise. Loads of onions, garlic, butternuts etc in store for winter, and looking forward to spring.

Comment

Sun shining and blue sky.
              Had a hour walk with the dogs.
              Got the living room tidy.
              Got a little bit more ground dug over on the allotment and let the chooks out to range for a couple of hours. Started building my very first raised beds.
              Had bubble 'n' squeak for tea, which we haven't had for ages.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

I am not working tonight!!(there should be music to to this!!)After eleven nights of working, I have a night off!!
                It seems a waste to have a few glasses of wine and fall into bed, but what else should I do?!!

Comment

I have been clearing out yeah, still lots to do but I wont be beat.
                  Just found some photo's of one of my sons at a swimming gala now there's a laugh wait til I show his girlfriend.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

I'm cold and cough free (the only one in the office), OH is back from his work trip away tonight and we're having chilli for dinner with a bottle of red stuff. My onions are all up and my broadies are still all alive. My cat still seems to love me. My new bed is promised to arrive before christmas but not before my new carpet.

Agree with what was said a few posts ago that if we didnt have a bit of doom and gloom we wouldnt appreciate the good stuff - but we do have to make sure we DO that appreciating - and you are all a part of my appreciating, what a fantastic bunch of peeps you are! Keep my feet on the ground and a smile on my face!!
                    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I've got a gorgeous hedgehog hibernating in my flower border,
                      Haven't been to the lottie for 9 weeks but I'm sure its fine without me,
                      and our self-build house is nearly finished (11 and a hlf months in the making), that gives me two brand new gardens to plan and plant in the spring! Woohoo!!

Comment

Recieved a letter today saying my cooker can't be fixed!!!
                        Means they have to give me a brand new one
                        raised beds completed, and dug over, and covered in cardboard.
                        nothing to do now till spring except ....plan plan plan
                        Vive Le Revolution!!!
                        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

The roof is now watertight again after having various bits replaced (thankfully it hasn't rained the last 3 days) - and the littl'uns eye infection isn't as bad as it was.

Comment

Yay, I have two really cute, loving, teenage, bundles of fun (and the kids are okay too!),

Yay! My peas sprouted,

Yay! My garlic sprouted,

Yay! to 'I found out this morning I've been officially declared a loon', because

Yay! My back-claim for incapacity benefit will come through before Xmas, so I can pay the mortgage for the next two months (phew!),

Yay! the teenage kitten that throws up, did it again this am, but this time it wasn't in my shoe
                            Last edited by crazy_red; 21-11-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

My two 'point of lay' chooks are now laying!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My baby's making its first poo inside my wife's belly!
                                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X