Allotment shed raids

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    My stainless steel tools are hidden in the hen hut!
    Disguised as a pile of chicken poo?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      oi that's my cake stuff in there - best those spades are clean young Snadgers
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

My shed is locked but then nothing in there of any value cheap tools cheap radio etc. Years ago I had a Beach Hut on Teignmouth beach and it was so full with rubber dingys etc I used to have to take stuff out before we could get in, it used to get broken into every year especially when the fair was in town, not that I am saying it was the fairground people but it was nearly always on the last night the fair was there.
        Its the damage thats done thats more heartbreaking, I wont got into detail of what else went on lets just say we needed bleach to clean up.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
          My sheds escaped Snager as they both have windows and could be seen into. Stuffed full of Joseph Bentley spades and forks mind but thankfully they were not on the wanted list
          Any manual tools will be left behind because it might mean these lazy scum-holes will have to work, or get of their @rses to use them.

I hate crime, but cowardly thieves are near the top of my most hated list.

Sorry to hear pw, I think this is why our allotment society don't allow greenhouses/sheds on the site. We just have one lock up where there are a couple of communal petrol jobbies, but nowt else.

Hope those affected get something sorted.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Don't lock my shed - would like to claim this is to indicate that there's nothing worth nicking in there but actually it's cos I've never got around to putting a padlock on it! Have decided not to keep much in there and as it would be more annoyance than anything else - all that's left in there is a trug, some fleece, a few pegs and canes. All tools are taken up and returned each time, may find that gets annoying after a while but my spade and fork are expensive stainless steel ones which I was given as pressies and I'm not willing to risk it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
              Sounds like somebody is trying to get a little cash together for Christmas Piglet . Keep an eye on Flebay etc and the local small adds . you would be suprised what might turn up.
              Somehow I can't imagine these low-lifes buying presents for other people, though.

At my local car boot sale, there seems to be quite a lot of garden stuff, so might bee worth doing the rounds of these, too.

My shed doesn't have a lock on it, either. Not much of value in there and as you say, the shed itself is very easy to separate from the lock!

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                My stainless steel tools are taken home after every visit (a pain in the *** but worth it). Only tools left on site (in an unlocked shed) are cheapo poundshop ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X