Lockdown activities

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown activities

How have you kept busy during lockdown, my dearly beloved has a huge list she would like to watch me doing to stop her getting bored. I, however, have my own list which is infinitely more enjoyable.

Is it a gender thing or do men actually write lists for their wives to do or is it only the other way around?

I have spent the last 5 weeks building a pizza oven, it has kept my every waking moment full and active but, now I near completion it is becoming harder to avoid the OH's stick poking.

I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

I made out my own list (I live alone) with proposed times to undertake each task. I also ordered them in importance. The PT took 5 days as opposed to 5 hrs. Out of the 84 tasks, I’ve completed 3. Nothing has been done in the order I put them in. This doesn’t mean the rest have been ignored, just that I tend to change tasks as I find one of the others needs to be done before I can complete the one I’m on.

Also there is always tomorrow. Manana.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

Hi Mikey! Great to see you.
      That sounds absolutely fantastic! I'm really impressed-would love to see a piccie? Have you used it yet?

Interestingly, I make lists too but for me...OH makes his own lists -fair enough eh??

We've spent the lockdown working on renovating the house-until we ran out of supplies, then concentrated on gardening and also managed to get some reading in -OH started reading the Bernard Cornwall Sharpe series so I keeping one book behind him.
      Last edited by Nicos; 19-05-2020, 12:47 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My wildlife pond is our project for the spring/summer, involves a lot of sitting down watching, which suits us just fine lol. Neither of us do lists, not even when we go shopping.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02707.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2495997
        Last edited by burnie; 19-05-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Nicos,

Looks sparkly new here, will try and add piccies now. I’ve cooked in it twice so far, it’s not completely finished I still have to add the final render and create a front hearth and door, but it’s perfectly serviceable for pizzas.
          Last edited by Mikey; 19-05-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Is it me or is it a bit slow adding piccies, I tried deleting one but I couldn't.

Comment

wow!!!!...more than impressed . Well done you!

We have a rebuilt bread oven in the 1630's chimney place of the house. Unfortunately we still need to rebuild the top part of the granite chimney before we can use it.

I notice you have chicken wire over the top of yours-What are you planning on coating it with?
              We also need to cover our dome with 10cm of clay which used to be the traditional layer/finish
              Last edited by Nicos; 19-05-2020, 02:44 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It just needs simple sand and cement 2 coat render, scratch coat, then a final waterproof top coat. The dome will comfortably get to 600 degress celsius inside (I have an infrared thermometer) but, on the outside its the same temp as the ambient air about 10 degrees.

The chicken wire was to hold the ceramic blanket in place and stop the wind blowing it off. It's got three layers of 25mm blanket, so it's nice and snuggly.

Comment

Since I work full time from home my activities haven't changed much. I don't run into town much normally so it's about the same now.

We're not in 'lockdown' here but primarily just self isolating as much as possible.

I was at the Farm & Home store Saturday for a few minutes. I'll be going into town Thursday for some service on the car. Then it will probably be 2 weeks or more before I leave the house again.

Life goes on ... hopefully.
                  Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Spending plenty of time on the allotment, even if it's just sitting in the shed with a cuppa. We don't touch the gate with bare hands and everyone keeps a safe distance.
                    31 year old daughter was in Nepal and had to come home on very short notice so is living with us at present. Our being out gives her some space too.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

If I aint working then I am at home trying to avoid going out apart from the food shop once a week.
                      I've been knitting and doing a little bit of sewing.
                      Carrie

Comment

My OH always has a list and being a dutyfull husband I always ignore it, after all if I carried out everything in the list what would she do to fill her time
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X