X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Gosh Saturday already!... where did that week go?

Still no site of that comet-frustratingly cloudy here again

I have absolutely no idea what today will bring-no doubt it'll bring something!

Home grown spuds eh Bones?...mmmmm...think we might just dig up some of ours again for tonight -sounds a good plan.

Rary!...stop hogging all the rain and send some to peanut will ya?...poor thing is desperate to see their butts in action ( ooo errrr-that didnt sound very good did it????)

right....brunch time here...drippy egg butties on homemade bread....and a good brew to go with them!

See ya later peeps -enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Yesterday was very warm. I did lots of weeding. Husband needed some tool or other. I was very impressed with the way Screwfix are working with the virus. Fast, efficient and well distanced with plenty sanitizer. Had to order online but got a text in under 5 minutes saying come and pick it up now.
    It is spitting with rain this morning. I hope the weather improves as the day goes on.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning lovelies.

Bit all things wild and wonderful out there this morning: windy, bright and blue plus even a touch cool still. Temperatures due to rise back up to normal tomorrow. Builders won't like that.

Plenty of stuff to get through today, so better get on with it. Thinking of you too, LD. Enjoy the spuds, Mr Bones. And now I have a craving for a fish supper. My mum had one last night too. Might have to come up with something if I can manage it, just to scratch the itch.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning All
    Dry and overcast here, quite mild though

Not sure what we're up to today, maybe dig a few spuds

Have fun

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

Looks like it will be a dry day again. I could do with some of your rain Rary.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Sadly Jay though I like it here and wouldn't move, its one of the wettest areas I'd Scotland, on a more positive note I don't need to do a lot of watering We had our fish supper and thoroughly enjoyed it, its nice to do something which used to be considered normal, even though I had to stand outside till my order was ready, fortunately there was just a spit of rain don't know if I would have bothered if it was raining heavily, down side of our outing was OH didn't want me to go and collect any seaweed, though to be honest it was not in a condition which I would have collected it anyway there will need to be a wild day to clean up the beach, and when that happens I will let OH talk me into going for another fish supper hopping for a better day tomorrow but whatever the weather enjoy the day and keep safe​​​​​​

Thinking of you LD hope you are well
    Last edited by rary; 17-07-2020, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Evening all, hope you are all well! Rary, as the crow flies I don’t think I’m too far away from you yet we have had a dry day today! Washing all dry, grass cut and plants watered tonight...it will likely pour tomorrow!
    Hope you all had a good day! x

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Just thought I'd mention that since installing my water butt there has been no rain, not a single drop and I bet I don't get any over the weekend either. Cursed I am. Cursed!!!!

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Good afternoon a wet day here and not on for long as we are going for a fish supper then along the shore and sit in the car and eat it, see you later

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    I'll trade you my shredded arms , blistered hand and nettle stung legs for your allergy?
    Until tomorrow morning then I want mine back again
    Can you do that wow that has been some upgrade

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good afternoon. Didnt get a chance to check in this morning.
    Spent the morning tidying up the garden.
    It's hard to keep the garden tidy when growing in pots and containers.
    I took lots of pics yesterday and only when I looked at them did I realise how untidy it looked.
    All sorted now and it looks so much better.
    Waiting for a shower to pass so I can get back out again.
    Hope you all have a good afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning, morning.

Have woken up in a right good mood. First night and morning in months and months that I have not been worrying about my mum. She's very happy and very well cared for at my brother and his wife's home. Likes the carers who come in three times a day to help, loves the company of the family, loves her room, even finds the bed comfortable (which I was not expecting). And she feels safe, knowing there are people there to help her if something happens in the night. All in all, a relief for her and for me too.

Builders here but not very sure what they're doing. The roof looks brilliant but some of the walls (done by the first bunch of lads) look awful, so something will have to be done to cover that up. But it's starting to feel like most of the actual construction is complete.

Loads of work to get through. Dribs and drabs of new work coming in too. Worried about saying no as am expecting economy to nosedive and what I do is a total luxury useful only to tourists. So, there won't be much demand soon, I should think.

Anyway, all right for now but better get a move on. Have a good one, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, much cooler today, with a lot of cloud(I'm never going to get to see this Comet), grass was cut yesterday, so the edges need doing now, so that'll be one of todays jobs. I notice my first chillies are ripening and I might get some Ailsa Craig tommies next week too, sweetcorn is in flower and the silks are emerging, love this time of year when we can start to see some results from our labours.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning another sunny day here Been watching the birds fighting over the Silver birch seeds that collect on the brassica cage really funny watching them pushing each over out the the way to get to them when there's a garden full of seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning All

I'll join you for a brew Nicos. Quite bright here and mild at 16C

Enjoy the day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...