Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m being as patient as I can be but it’s very annoying that the “New Posts” button is now obsolete on the upgraded version. I assume that the “Latest Topics” and “New Topics” tabs are to replace them but they don’t work. I’ve tested and new posts aren’t even displayed and I also have 10 pages of so called “new topics” Every time I log on(when it finally loads) when clearly they aren’t new.

i know this is one part of the old forum that most members went straight to once logged on (pressing “new posts”) and I know it’s currently a work in progress so I’m writing this in the hope that somebody In authority sees this and will actIon it. I know that the site is very slow and it’s got to be one of the reasons if it can’t differentiate between old and new posts. I.e. no point in loading 10 pages of old stuff people don’t want to see. Just load 1 or 2 pages of the new ones like before.

Being ever patient...

Kind Regards..........Rob

Yeh -I'm hoping the New Posts button comes back too....and the Likes notification cos usually when something has been liked there is often a response I'd like to make sure I don't miss!
    Last edited by Nicos; 12-05-2020, 04:09 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Likewise Nicos, fingers crossed with everything eh.

Comment

How does the ‘New Topics’ button differ from the old ’New Posts’ one? As far as I can tell it’s the same, except if you’ve already read (or posted on) a topic, it’ll no longer appear?
        He-Pep!

Comment

I very seldom went to new posts, what I usually do when I come on is go through the sections that interest me then go through the threads that I want to read
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Out of interest, when I come onto the site, the first thing I get is a search box page, so I have to click latest topics to get into the forum. Is that what you all see? I get that it's useful for people who aren't members, but it's yet another page to get past first. OK in ordinary circumstances, but when the site is very slow, it just adds to the frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Out of interest, when I come onto the site, the first thing I get is a search box page, so I have to click latest topics to get into the forum. Is that what you all see? I get that it's useful for people who aren't members, but it's yet another page to get past first. OK in ordinary circumstances, but when the site is very slow, it just adds to the frustration.
              yeah I get that page too snoop puss. I can’t fathom out what the difference between “latest topics” and “new topics” is. It’s certainly not new POSTS.

just hope the “new posts” button from the old site does actually come back.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X