No announcement yet.

Photography - Witches - East Mids

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you couldn't use me anyway, i would be more likely to prove the 'rule' than blow the 'stereotype' out of the water
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Depends on which stereotype you are talking about...that's the beauty of the project...whose reality are we really talking about here? My Niece truly thinks she is a fairy...perhaps she is???

Comment

Just had a read and I'm so interested. I know absolutely nothing about the subject, but I'd so like to know more. I know that there is a religion (sorry if that's the wrong word) called Wicca and I think it was basically around healing and using herbs for medicial purposes, and that it was tainted with the stories of "witchcraft" in the middle ages as Christianity spread. If anyone can point me in the right direction of where to find out more I'd love to read up on this.

Good luck with the project Zazen, and keep us posted
        http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
          you couldn't use me anyway, i would be more likely to prove the 'rule' than blow the 'stereotype' out of the water
          do you look like your avatar then Bride ... where's me camera
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Well someone had to post it, so it may as well be me. This isn't subverting the stereotype, this IS the stereotype. My mother in law is definately a witch. Our name for her is 'The Hagga Bagga'.

Her favourite spell is one to stretch time. Minutes spent in her company seem like hours.
            Last edited by snuffer; 14-11-2008, 04:27 PM. Reason: adding comment
            It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
              do you look like your avatar then Bride ... where's me camera

'the goddess can reinvent herself at will'

no i do NOT look like my avatar, but.............
              and to hashette, there is some confusion in your research, nothing that a quick chat cant fix, but, i am reluctant to do it here, witches and wiccans do not evangelise, we do answer questions in private though.

short summary:
              do not confuse witchcraft with wicca.
              wicca is a religion, witchcraft is just that.. a craft, like knitting
              wiccans may use witchcraft as part of religious ritual, or not.not all witches have a religion ( i am an atheist)
              wicca is a recognised religion, started by a guy called Gerald Gardiner back in the 1950's, just cos its new, doesn't make it less valid.It's claimed to be based on a continuing pagan tradition, few would agree that that is factual. you have my pm if you would like to discuss further.

otherwise, hit google, its all there out on the net.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!
              'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
              Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Wicca tends to attract middle class kids of christian background and verges on Goths and Vampires. There is a big Wicca Exibition (for want of a better word) in Croydon every year that upsets the christians.
                There are a lot of Witches male and female that are not Wicca. Wicca it the old english word for a male witch. Wicce is a female witch.

Witch is passed down in the family. My partner is a witch because her mother was a witch.
                My family are all Healers. But we are not Wicca.

As for Fairys. I wouldn't mess with them.
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Mrs Doby is a self declared witch. I'm sure she'll be glad to help. Good luck with the project.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

You know I have heard witch craft likened to an awful lot of things.....but never knitting
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

If you're ever down in Cornwall check out the Witchcraft museum in Boscastle, totally fantastic. There's so much to see and read about in there it's really something! I've been many many times and never tire of it, one year there was a small group of Christians protesting outside the building, saying how evil the place was and that that is why Boscastle had those terrible floods, dimwits!!!

Eden
                      xx

Comment

Many Christians hold very strong views on these issues and the right to peaceful protest is one of the great things about this country in my opinion. Nothing wrong with lawful protest
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

No, maybe not, but I don't stand outside the local church shouting at the folk going in telling them they are all evil, and are doomed, all this infront of my children. I too hold very very strong views on my non-belief and while I totally respect anybodys and everybodys right to believe whatever they like, I take a very dim view of being heckled at in such a way. Surely we all should leave each other to believe what we want without abuse?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X