Man flu?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
    he moans like feck when I give him roughly the the same amount of sympathy that I received.
    they ARE all the same then?

I was coughing my heart out this morning, like a bad asthma attack, and Mr Sheds just turns the volume up on the TV.
    When he has a mere sniffle, he has to take a week off work and lay on the couch all day.
    Actually, he lays on the couch all day when he isn't ill.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just nearly wet meself watching that. So funny ----- but so true.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

LOL @ 2-Sheds. I was coughing my lungs up a week or so ago and saw the living room door slowly closing of it's own accord - it ended with a sharp little slam. I was in the kitchen at the time.

My OH's 'man-flu bouts' are directly in proportion to the football on the TV - it's amazing how that happens. Even on holiday when he was ill, the night he felt worse just happened to be the night of the footie - phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          the night of the footie -
          I don't understand?
          Isn't football on every night in every household? Or don't you all have Sky Sports and Setanta Sports as well.

* no, my mistake. Sometimes it's boxing. Or darts.

Comment

I'm glad the only sport my OH watches is grand prix
            and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
              Just nearly wet meself watching that. So funny ----- but so true.
              I only have to sneeze now and my wife says "Poor little bunny" and leaves the room in shrieks of laughter.......

Comment

My man has 'man flu' at the moment & can't understand why he's not getting much sympathy! When I was vacating every last drop of fluid from my body in one direction or another last week & lost about 6lbs in weight over the week he trotted off to Holland for 'work' (quick trip round a factory with clients then dining out) for a couple of days & left me to it!
                Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I do enjoy a good healthy debate, about things that are merely figments of imagination. Joy and happiness to you all.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                    he trotted off to Holland for 'work' (quick trip round a factory with clients then dining out) for a couple of days & left me to it!
                    Mine left me with Little Daughter while he went off to watch footy 200 miles away.
                    Last Xmas Eve I had it, and he swanned off to the pub all day, without getting me so much as a Lemsip.
                    He's not selfish, he just "doesn't think".

Comment

Never had man-flu meself. Had the odd cold but - nothing more than a sniffle/cough/sore throat.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

I may have had it; to be sure a test has to be done for the influenza virus. I was in bed for a week. Terrible aches, chills and fevers. I lived from one painkiller tablet to the next. There's nothing like it.

Even then I think it was another virus, not flu as my respiratory tract was not affected.
                        Last edited by Capsid; 13-11-2008, 05:28 PM.
                        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

How come no man on here has fessed up to having had man flu, yet all the women on here have husbands who have, its very perplexing. How can a man have a most heinous condition yet be completely oblivious to it, clearly we are indeed made of sterner stuff than I first thought.
                          I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

or too scared of ridicule to 'fess up
                            Last edited by BrideXIII; 13-11-2008, 06:00 PM.
                            Vive Le Revolution!!!
                            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Men wont admit they have it they just make us poor women suffer then dont help when we are Ill but tell their mates what a rough night they have had. Blooming cheek.
                              and ends with backache

Comment

Genuine 'flu is actually very rare. I've had it once (and I'm 50 next year) and the difference between it and the 'bad colds' that people frequently claim are the 'flu is astronomical. Anyone who has genuinely had the 'flu will know about it and will never confuse it with a cold again. The easiest way to know the difference is the speed of onset, with a cold you might think; well I felt OK yesterday, but now I feel ill. With 'flu you felt OK a minute ago, and now you're dying. Genuine 'flu can cause many quite serious side-effects too including neurological damage and severe depression. I did my undergraduate dissertation with a professor whose speciality was in this area and he scared me so much I've had the 'flu jab every year since.
                                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X