Winning message Scam or not ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
    A message popped up saying that as I was the 9999 internet user I was a possible winner for a car I didnt respond as I am not sure if its a scam.
    The key word is "possible" .
    Translation- possible = not, but we want your details so we can spam your inbox or ring you just as you sit down to eat or relax.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

My old Ma keeps getting stuff from Readers' Digest telling her she 'could' have won huge wads of moola. To stay in the draw she just needs to buy ..... I can't convince her that they are just after her cash. She keeps saying she'll 'see us all alright when she goes'. We're alright now! - She's the one who could do with the money. They never learn. I keep looking at the latest letter and saying 'But you HAVEN'T won it.' She sniffs and says 'We'll see!' - And of course she hasn't - but there soon appears a book or boxed set of CDs by someone we've never heard of. Makes me cross!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My dad has spent a fortune on Readers Digest over the years and has never won anything in their Prize Draws. It is a ripoff in my opinion and an organisation with that strength of reputation should be ashamed of themselves.
        Even aliens garden!

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          My old Ma keeps getting stuff from Readers' Digest telling her she 'could' have won huge wads of moola. To stay in the draw she just needs to buy ..... I can't convince her that they are just after her cash. She keeps saying she'll 'see us all alright when she goes'. We're alright now! - She's the one who could do with the money. They never learn. I keep looking at the latest letter and saying 'But you HAVEN'T won it.' She sniffs and says 'We'll see!' - And of course she hasn't - but there soon appears a book or boxed set of CDs by someone we've never heard of. Makes me cross!
          my mum always rings me about these 'offers' i think she really knows herself, but for some reason thinks i can spot a scam a mile away ( not sure thats a compliment!!) i always tell her nothing in life is free, bin it.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

After my father passed away my Mum kept on getting letters for him from a psychic, offering services to help him unleash the power of the otherside. Fortunately she has always had a good sense of humour, saying this woman obviously needed to update her otherworld contacts, as my dad was already there (and probably causing mayhem), and she didn't know!
            Panicked my DD the other day, I knew she had just set up an account with Amazon and made her first independant order. In my junk I had an account confirmation email, asking for details etc. Not being sure if she would realise the dangers, especially as her account was so new, I emailed to warn her. She sent 3 emails back, asking me to log on to her accounts to check they were OK, because she was sure she had received one. However, what she had received was just the automatic order confirmation, but hopefully a few minutes panic unecessarily this time will alert her in the future.
            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

No. 1 son once googled 'pictures of hamsters' and was offered £25,000 easy credit with a gambling site (he was 7!!!)
              Tx

Comment

I don't know if people are getting desparate, but there seems to be a lot more bank and lottery scams recently. I got a thankyou from Paypal for reporting one to them, so it is worth passing them to the relevant people. Especially beware if you sell though small ads. I 've had several dodgey offers, one involving sending one of my kittens unseen to an address in Scotland. Sounded fishy so I reported it to the police, who said it was a scam. No thanks, I like to meet prosective owners in person, and hopefully talk a couple of times, before any of my babies move out.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Last week i was offered a Russian Bride.
                  (i'm a girlrlie)....

How I Guffawed.
                  Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                    Last week i was offered a Russian Bride.
                    (i'm a girlrlie)....

How I Guffawed.
                    he he , it was the 'extensions' that used to crack me up, i mean i have know a few men that could benefit, but what do I want one for?
                    Vive Le Revolution!!!
                    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
                      Photobucket have been trying to give me an Audi A3 for the last month.
                      You can have "mine" if you want it.
                      You can have mine if you want. You don't get many toys with an Audi.

You get a steering wheel and a gear stick. Everything else is a extra.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                        he he , it was the 'extensions' that used to crack me up, i mean i have know a few men that could benefit, but what do I want one for?
                        Reaching hard to dust places.... Ho i see, you dint mean THAT type..
                        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes, these are all scams. But some things are genuine. A few years ago now my cousin was putting up a new toilet roll when a bit of paper fell out the middle. It said CONGRATULATION ! YOU HAVE WON £50,000 OR YOUR MORTGAGE PAID TO THE VALUE OF £150,000. RING THIS NUMBER.
                          She was very sceptical and thought Oh Yeah, if I enter what competition or write what slogan. She decided to ring anyway.
                          She got through to Andrex House.
                          They asked if she had a £150,000 mortgage.
                          She said no, and they said
                          We're sorry, but you'll just have to take the £50,000 cash .
                          She started her own business with the money.
                          So watch out for the genuine ones.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                            Yes, these are all scams. But some things are genuine. A few years ago now my cousin was putting up a new toilet roll when a bit of paper fell out the middle. It said CONGRATULATION ! YOU HAVE WON £50,000 OR YOUR MORTGAGE PAID TO THE VALUE OF £150,000. RING THIS NUMBER.
                            She was very sceptical and thought Oh Yeah, if I enter what competition or write what slogan. She decided to ring anyway.
                            She got through to Andrex House.
                            They asked if she had a £150,000 mortgage.
                            She said no, and they said
                            We're sorry, but you'll just have to take the £50,000 cash .
                            She started her own business with the money.
                            So watch out for the genuine ones.
                            It is good to hear about someone actually winning something like that. These days it is all too easy to believe that everything is a scam.
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Something that flashes up in your email inbox, requesting money, personal details, or passwords, is clearly a scam.
                              We all want to be the lucky one, that our good sense deserts us sometimes. Some would call it greed, or just hope.
                              Either way, press delete without opening the email.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X