No announcement yet.

Anyone been on TV?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifteen minutes of fame, 2000, televised boxing day on discovery and again a few times, showing two tv chefs how to drive off road, great fun, scared one of them half to death
    Last edited by HayleyB; 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM.
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Was on central news a few years ago as a witness to a hit and run! They never caught the person - but thankfully the elderly lady who was hit recovered.
      Also in the times education supplement last summer talking about my degree in hortiwotsit - even got some fan mail from that one!! :-)

Comment

There was a picture of me, aged 4, building a sandcastle in The Sunderland Echo, 1976. Does that count?

Comment

I hand reared 5 baby birds at work and was interviewed by local TV when they were released.
          Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Does crimewatch count?
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

depends which side of the camera - noooo tell us anyways hehe
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                Does crimewatch count?
                So that's where you've been??
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

If you freeze frame & get your binoculars out me & the O.H. are on T.V. quite a lot at the moment (might be regional though!). We were sitting outside Carluccio's cafe in Manchester city centre this summer on one of the few nice days we had & a film crew rolled up & started making ads. for CSL Sofas opposite to where we were sitting. They filmes shots of a blonde sitting on a leather sofa & then a red sofa on its own & we are in the background shots. It's been shown as two separate ads & every time I here the music I look up & squint at the T.V. saying to O.H. 'is that us there?', he's sick of me doing it now! It's usually on around Emmerdale, Coronation Street.
                  Other than that I've had a few photos shown over the years & got a mention with them on local news programmes.
                  There seem to be quite a few people on the vine who've been on cooking shows etc. & I look forward to seeing you Tattieman, don't forget to remind us!
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Mr HF would be on television lots. every Grand Prix....he was one of the nutters that changed the wheels during pit stops! happy days, though I did really worry for him, and yes, he had a few way to close encounters with racing cars...feet. toes ouch!!!!

Comment

I have never been on tv but my cousin is on tonight. Danger men at 9:00 on Ch5. He is an aircraft technician with the Red Arrows and flies in the back seat of Red 5.

The lucky so and so

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        So that's where you've been??
                        It might be, then again it might not, that would all depend on who thought they saw me. I do have one of those faces........!.
                        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Headfry View Post
                          Mr HF would be on television lots. every Grand Prix....he was one of the nutters that changed the wheels during pit stops! happy days, though I did really worry for him, and yes, he had a few way to close encounters with racing cars...feet. toes ouch!!!!
                          Originally posted by kilnburner10 View Post
                          I have never been on tv but my cousin is on tonight. Danger men at 9:00 on Ch5. He is an aircraft technician with the Red Arrows and flies in the back seat of Red 5.

The lucky so and so
                          Wow, what fantastic jobs. I'll try & remember to catch CH5.
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

A few years ago i used to go to West Midland's Police lost stolen and found property at Bidle&Web's sale room on Ladywood Middleway in Brum .
                            One of the sale's i went to there was a stuffed yorkshire Terrier in a glass case and that was the bait for the TV crew when they were selling the dog the camera was behind the auctioneer look at the byers and there i was and when it was shown that evening they asked the fella that bought it why .
                            His answewr i wanted to be on telly how sad is that jacob Marley
                            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I haven't been on telly but did a 'piece to camera' for a promotional vid for a big sales conference when I worked for BT. It was about how I recruited people for the 'friends and family' campaign when it first came out. I wasn't at the conference and I have never seen it. People came up to me for weeks after though and said 'oooh I saw you at the conference and you were 20 feet big'.

Comment

I was on 'Cheggars Plays Pop' when I was 12! lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X