No announcement yet.

Go obama

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yes i am still here (and still sober)
    Congratulations to the 'Big O' .........California and Hawaii just took him to 273 electoral college votes, and barring the longest court battle in the world, he is the 44th president of the United States of America.
    If only we had someone half as interesting to vote for next time

the dawn of a new day in more ways than one.
    Last edited by BrideXIII; 05-11-2008, 04:05 AM.
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

YEAH...........well done to those who stayed up [Bride], my OH made us go to bed but what a result.

So happy.

Comment

... just back from Yates Wine Bar in Leicester Square. I never wanna see another hot dog again.

Comment

Marigold; you're hardcore!!!

Comment

There were some very happy people at Yates! Two young women that we shared a table with were jumping up and down all evening. After they announced Obama as the next President, a black woman came over and gave my OH a hug! And a black man was shouting around the loos, "Only in America! Only in America!" It was all very touching.
            Last edited by marigold007; 09-04-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Woohoo all change in America - someone with a brain in the White House
              http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Amazing stuff - can't wait to see what happens in America and across the world next! Interesting Times!!
                Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                  Now that is scarey!
                  Would nice to have a US president who isnt senile tbh. Not much to choose between Bush and Reagan in my opinion. Both mad as hatters
                  Ronald Reagan was in a film with a monkey as co-star & the monkey got the Oscar!!
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

...and Arnie - let's not forget Arnie
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      ...and Arnie - let's not forget Arnie
                      At least Arnie can't be president.
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

true - but he can benchpress 1000000kg
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                          true - but he can benchpress 1000000kg
                          D'er! That's per arm silly!

I only hope that Obama can delivery his promises - he has a lot of pressure on his shoulders (avoids Arnie/lifting based pun at this juncture), and a hell of a lot of expectation.

Just make sure you stay away from tall buildings Barack - especially ones with book depositories in them...
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

How could you stay awake I was off to bed just after 10, cant do late nights anymore !!! But way to go Obama glad he won. !!!
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

well i watched ........ remember it being 3.35 ......and fell asleep duh!!!

it's so weird but i have a kind of warm fuzzy feeling about it all ..... the world has come a very long way

Comment

I made it to 1.40 am, but silly puter decided to play up so I couldn't come on here.
                                What a result, but a shame that the death threats started before he was even elected, just hope that man has good security.
                                Call me ageist, but I really didn't want to see a 72 yo man, who may not even see out a first term sworn in. That Sarah Palin scares me too!
                                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X