No announcement yet.

Dog Abandoned

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooohhh, Frosty - I really hope you get a few days of good walking. It'll be lovely if the weather is crisp and clear wont it.

And let us know what happens to the doggy wont you? If it wasnt so far away, and if I didnt have a dog-hating cat, I'd willingly take him myself the poor thing.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Frostyfreckle you are a dear! Too many people would have tut-tutted and left it for "them" to deal with. "They'll know what to do"etc.
      I have a poor dear lurcher puppy here now as a foster who was picked up by the dog warden who noticed he had a hopping gait. An X- ray revealed a broken back!! the vet thinks that as the break had started to callous that it was about five to six weeks old. What pain he must have been in all that time!!
      He is one woman's work to care for as he has to be taken out every hour to pee etc. then straight back in his crate and, though this is getting better ,he sometimes can't wait for that hour!! He is, though, a gentle, patient boy and in time will make a lovely pet.
      Looking at his original X-rays one wonders how his injuries came about. There is no trauma to ribs etc. as would happen in a road traffic accident, no injury to legs as would happen to him being thrown from a car. One can only imagine a direct blow from above from God knows what!
      Maybe something falling on him? Or a blow aimed to break his neck and missing? Your guess is as good as mine.
      It beggars belief at the cruelty aimed at children, dogs I think have no chance!!

Comment

Will keep everyone informed about the wee guy. Ooh Polly Fouracre what a big heart you have for fostering the poor soul. Yes, it does make you wonder how his back was broken and the answers I come up with make my blood boil. Moggssue, I will get away for a walk cause I need one but also I need to collect Oca from a friend up North I know I don't have room but I have ordered in potato buckets (from GYO mag) and the Oca is going there.
        Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 04-11-2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

FROSTYFRECKLE , I can't believe you're in Ayrshire - that's where I'm from. Although live in West Lothian now!!

Shame about the wee mutt - I'm sure he'll get a home. Nature is far more important than looks - well, when it comes to dugs!
          I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Its not that ugly dog with the misshapen jaw in the national paper today is it?

Comment

No, not the one in the national paper. Ugly but loveable What happened to the jaw?

Comment

Dont know they said it happened when he was a pup, I think hes quite cute.

Comment

Glad the little dog is getting along & being cared for Frostyfreckle.There was an item about two guys being convicted for cruelty to a dog on the news the other night, a neighbour had managed to film them kicking & beating a poor dog in their yard, absolutely evil, why do people like this get pets?
                  Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                    Glad the little dog is getting along & being cared for Frostyfreckle.There was an item about two guys being convicted for cruelty to a dog on the news the other night, a neighbour had managed to film them kicking & beating a poor dog in their yard, absolutely evil, why do people like this get pets?
                    So that they can kick and beat them,unfortunately

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X