No announcement yet.

What are YOU truly grateful for?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maytreefrannie, you and me will clearly end our respective day being thankful along the same lines then!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Nope Flum, just a happy miserable git......if ya get my meaning!
      A true English gent then. Maximillian de Bethune said "The English take their pleasures sadly, after the fashion of their country."

We're known for it, see.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I thank the Lord, everytime I tuck them up into bed, for my two gorgeous children. With every miscarriage I have I simply love my children more. With every childless woman I come into contact with, it breaks my heart that they cant be as blessed as me and makes me wish I could share my blessings with them. I wish I was a strong enough person to be able to go and give support to women going through the ordeal of miscarriage but instead I try my hardest to be a good anough Mum for my two in rememberance of all the wonderful women in this world who cannot enjoy what I am so lucky to have.
        Last edited by Finedon.Dandy; 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling
        Tammy x x x x
        Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

I am grateful for sooooo much, but the things that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread are: I have a job and can pay my bills, and I have a wonderful OH who loves me to bits even when I'm moody - and for all you lot who teach me NOT to be moody and to be grateful and apreciative for just about everything i have. Thank you all!!
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I've got a wonderful family. 3 big sisters, with children and grandchildren galore. My 2 kids, OH, our dogs. Then there's the place in Spain, still got some work coming in to pay the bills, loads of good books (especially discworld) music, health, etc.....
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I am grateful for my husband and the fact we still both have jobs and a house...

I am grateful for my sister and the fact she survived cancer at 19 (even if she is an occasional pain in the whatsit)

I am also grateful for the fact that I am (mostly) healthy and don't have to worry about illness etc.

Comment

Very grateful for the opportunity to experience this adventure called life.

Also grateful for meeting my darling husband Madmax and our boys.
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

[QUOTE=I reckon it would be a good exercise to end each day with a few minutes thinking of the good parts of the day and what we're thankful for.
                  QUOTE]

Um at the risk of sounding smug thats what I do, well most days anyway
                  On a bad day I just grumble.......
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

central heating. this is the first winter I have had it and it is lovely to walk into a warm house :-) 7 years living in a thick granite tenement in Aberdeen with no central heating makes me appreciate it even more.

Comment

I know it sounds a bit materialistic, but after a couple of busy weekends with visitors recently when the beds needed changing twice, I was thinking back to helping my grandmother on wash day. First the copper had to be filled and heated, sheets had to be boiled (with a little blue bag), rinsed in the bath, then we'd wring them out before they went through the mangle and hanging out. So I AM grateful for my loved ones and their good health, but I am also really grateful for my washing machine AND that I remember what the alternative was.
                      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Comfreyfan View Post
                        I know it sounds a bit materialistic, but after a couple of busy weekends with visitors recently when the beds needed changing twice, I was thinking back to helping my grandmother on wash day. First the copper had to be filled and heated, sheets had to be boiled (with a little blue bag), rinsed in the bath, then we'd wring them out before they went through the mangle and hanging out. So I AM grateful for my loved ones and their good health, but I am also really grateful for my washing machine AND that I remember what the alternative was.
                        Sacrilage............don't let OH know there's an alternative to the copper for gauds sake!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

...always makes me giggle when mates say how busy they've been doing the laundry!speshly as it involves a tumble dryer!!.......that said...the line is often used on Andi!!But ssshhh...don't tell 'im!
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X