Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People letting fireworks off in the day!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Diwali then Guy Fawkes it can be like down town Bahgdad during the gulf war around here for two weeks - day and night. The poor cat has been growling on and off for the last 3 hours. Eventually she gets used to the bangs but forgets it's all OK by the next year!

Comment

isn't diwhali in february? same as candlemass?
      we do Imbolc then, but no fireworks, just tons and tons of candles.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Perhaps you are thinking of something else? Diwali this year fell on October 28th although I believe there are 5 days of party! If I'm wrong apologies, please correct me - always ready to learn!

I had never heard of 'Imbolc' so had a bit of a google. Another case of christians subduing (?) the locals by adapting the indigenous belief and practise (Imbolc to candlemas?)

Reading more, it sounds a lovely celebration - Just what you need ar the beginning of February

Jane

Comment

Originally posted by littlepooley View Post
          People letting fireworks off in the day!!!
          should have a catherine wheel shoved up their a**es
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Great fun, lets play with fireworks..

Blackpool's firework terror - Blackpool Today

Any government that condones selling high explosives ad hoc to juveniles won't be getting my vote.
            I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

There's a campaign here called Ban the Bang (I don't know anything about it, myself): Vote here to Ban the Bang in fireworks and help protect wildlife
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

and a similar one for Chichester residents: Hundreds sign up to ban fireworks - Chichester Today

you can always write to your MP here: http://www.writetothem.com/
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-11-2008, 06:20 PM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  should have a catherine wheel shoved up their a**es
                  lol - I agree completely.

I HAAAATTTEEE fireworks!! Would be perfectly content to never see/hear another firework as long as I live!
                  I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't know who is worse on this issue - the selfish, brain dead neighbours buying display quality fireworks and setting them off in the back gardens of modern estate homes or the money grabbing importers and sellers who sell huge fireworks without knowing or caring where they are being set off.

If the industry can't self regulate - it's time for a change.

Some moron set off a huge exploding sky rocket at 3am Sunday morning. It was so loud it set off car alarms.

I only wish I knew who set it off - I'd love to pay them a visit and explain my feelings in great detail...............
                    Last edited by Johnny Appleseed; 04-11-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I personally love a good firework display and enjoy fireworks on the 5th. However, as a horse/dog/cat/rabbit/guinea pig/chicken owner they become a nuisance when exploited beyond a set night that I can strictly monitor and protect my animals against - one cannot sedate a dog for 2 weeks!.

Comment

I enjoy controlled displays but

not the selfish neighbour ones where they set off "Keep 20m away from spectators" fireworks in a 10m back garden.

Display quality fireworks are not meant to be set off in domestic back gardens.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X