grrr! Men ! (well, husbands)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
    The problem is women that are trained to do tidying up by there mothers a absolute pain to us mere fellas they are a different race to us fella's jacob marley
    Heaven help my daughter then Jacob! Because I can't tidy up. I can move things around but I lose interest VERY fast!

When my 4 year old granddaughter has a tantrum because she can't find something I usually say "Why don't you scream then, and see if that helps." Yes, I know, unworthy sarcasm, but she stops and thinks. I wish I could say it to Himself some times!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I had a huge tidy up last w/e,have spent the whole week not being able to find anything!!("It's" usually where I left "it"!!)
      The thing with Andi is remembering to pay bills/tax returns etc....If I keep reminding him,then I'm accused of nagging....yet when that overdue letter arrives it's all my fault for NOT reminding him!!
      .....but he's not a bad'n!!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Most of the time me and OH just dont talk that way cant argue, he comes home from work doesnt say hello just goes straight into the other room, tea is normally waiting sits down eats it goes back into other room on computor all night and at weekends then moans cos I come in to the room and leaves door open. When he lost his camera it was my fault and I wasnt even with him !!! If he has a headache or feels unwell I ask if he has taken anything and he moans 'wont help anyway' or go back to the doctor then 'what good will that do', He is diabetic and has high blood pressure.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

I get accused of not being caring enough!! As well as most of t'other stuff on here. I fhe has a bout of man-flu and I am not sypathetic, he will ask why I do my job as I'm obviously not a caring person. (I'm a nursing assistant/carer)

Will admit, when he's got on my nerves and I'm feeling evil as a result, I will move stuff on purpose just for the hell of it....
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

I tidy as I go and if he's lost anything I ALWAYS get the blame, there is almost a daily hunt for mobile phone or keys and not only has he lost them he expects me to find them for him.

A plaque fell of one of his trophies and went missing he was convinced I'd thrown it away as much as I protested my innocence, he went on about it for hours. Funny I found it attached back to the trophy the other day he never told me.

Men and tv controllers it's a gene in them that insists they flick through 100 or so channels instead of looking at a tv mag or menu.

Men always miss the clothes basket by at least 10 yards

Men leave things around on purpose to give us something to do especially in the kitchen.

If occasionally asked to put the washing in the machine no matter how many times you have shown them they always ask "How's this work then?"

What really gets me is if you ask them to do something like hoover the floor for you they always get huffy if you don't thank them
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

We used to have a caretaker at work who would tell the Headteacher, 'I've fixed that door FOR YOU/polished the floor FOR YOU/locked up FOR YOU. It was his flippin' job!
              I'm pleased to have the washing up done - but FOR ME?!

Comment

HayleyB ~ either all men are the same or we are sharing a bloke. My main gripes are he never listens (so I end up telling him 3 times and become a nag) and he never reads anything eg. the monthly phone bill: "is this monthly or quarterly?" "There's a clue in the title babe"

* ducks the incoming flack
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hey, I don't think I'm perfect!
                  I fill the house up with pretty things that aren't remotely controlled, I keep serving up vegetables for dinner, and I keep digging up the lawn to put s0dding flowers in.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                    The problem is women that are trained to do tidying up by there mothers a absolute pain to us mere fellas they are a different race to us fella's jacob marley
                    I'm with you Jacob,

They just aren't like us men are they I mean, I never moan about breaking a nail when I'm gardening and I have more sense than to were my high heels if the paths are muddy
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      ...I fill the house up with pretty things that aren't remotely controlled....
                      What Kids
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

Yep - I thought that while reading about your OM.

Why do they never read instructions before attempting to put something together?
                        Why when they get up in the night do the not lift the loo seat?
                        Why do they come up with higher priorities when asked to do something like asking them to load the dishwasher and it's still all sitting there four hours later?
                        Why do they never make the bed when last out?
                        Why do they never return the towels to the bathroom but leave them on the bed or the floor?
                        Why do they always fall asleep half way through a film they wanted to watch but I really would have preferred sommat else?
                        Why do they have priority over tv watched when I only have a few things in a week that I'd quite like to see?
                        Why does he always have to ring me from Te**o to find out what aisle something is in if I've asked him to get me something? Is it really easier than asking one of the shelf stackers?
                        Why do I always have to ask him "was dinner ok?" Just to get "it was fine"
                        Why is him that causes us to be late everywhere?
                        AAAAAAggggggggghhhhhhh
                        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Ooops! We have burst a suppurating boil here!
                          Better get it out of systems now and then we can greet them with a smile rather than the usual gritted teeth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post

Why do they never read instructions before attempting to put something together?
                            Why do they come up with higher priorities when asked to do something like asking them to load the dishwasher and it's still all sitting there four hours later?
                            Why do they never return the towels to the bathroom but leave them on the bed or the floor?
                            Why do they always fall asleep half way through a film they wanted to watch but I really would have preferred sommat else?
                            Why do they have priority over tv watched when I only have a few things in a week that I'd quite like to see?
                            Why does he always have to ring me from Te**o to find out what aisle something is in if I've asked him to get me something? Is it really easier than asking one of the shelf stackers?
                            AAAAAAggggggggghhhhhhh
                            We ARE sharing the same man!

My best/worst experience was before we even moved in together - phone call at work asking where he'd put his keys the previous night...it was a Thursday, I was 135 miles away and last time I'd seen him it was Sunday - I suppose I should have known then...12 years on, I'm still living in hope

It wouldn't be half as bad if he wasn't a super organised scientist by day

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post

AAAAAAggggggggghhhhhhh
                              actually i have a confession ........ i think i'm your husband

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                                HayleyB ~ either all men are the same or we are sharing a bloke. My main gripes are he never listens (so I end up telling him 3 times and become a nag) and he never reads anything eg. the monthly phone bill: "is this monthly or quarterly?" "There's a clue in the title babe"

* ducks the incoming flack
                                Men DO NOT listen, and reading things (instructions for example) is admitting defeat!
                                Our house is a tip, partly because I am NOT a tidy person, and partly because my idea of tidy and his are totally incompatible. I want things where I will find them next time they are wanted, he wants things out of sight. I end up making MORE mess finding things he has put in the first cupboard he comes to, when I had a place for it on the worktop.

But I wouldn't be without him, well only occasionally.......
                                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X