No announcement yet.

Winter knitting

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on finishing your jumper me I'm the proud owner of 7 knitted cotton dishcloths.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I think hospitals are always desperate for little hats for premature babies to wear in the incubators.
      If anyones wants to knit weeny things that don't need much stitching...

Comment

Flum, I love Knitty.com too (but I think it's been banned at work recently with the new upgrade - just like the Vine has been, boo!).

I am about to start a jumper for the toddler, to use up some wool I've had for a while. Then I can think about the facecloths I am making a batch lot of this year for Christmas (I have a few different patterns and colours, so some will have an initial, others a little picture like an apple, heart, pear, boat etc). And the best thing about those is - NO SEWING!!!!!

Comment

Just about finished with the pram blanket for my sister, it needs stitching together, and I'm going to bind/cover the edges with some wide satin ribbon.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well done Sarz - looking good there! I have finished the back of younger son's jacket and am half way up one front. Must get cracking or it will be summer by the time I get it sewn together (or he will have outgrown it)
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

I started to make myself some green fingerless gloves last week as I'd lost my old black ones. I find them very useful when I'm shopping - don't have to take off gloves to sort money etc. Then last Friday we went out and I saw where my old gloves were. Mr Flum had 'em! He won't nick the new ones - they're bright jade green!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                I started to make myself some green fingerless gloves last week as I'd lost my old black ones. I find them very useful when I'm shopping - don't have to take off gloves to sort money etc. Then last Friday we went out and I saw where my old gloves were. Mr Flum had 'em! He won't nick the new ones - they're bright jade green!
                LOL!! Way to keep your gloves for yourself Flum, my gardening gloves are bright pink as it is the only way to stop younger son pinching them!
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

nice work sarah!
                  Yo an' Bob
                  Walk lightly on the earth
                  take only what you need
                  give all you can
                  and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Sarah, good blankie !

Me, I just finished another one!

That is, a slightly scratchy beige pure wool polo neck.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

As I can no longer knit because of my fingers not letting me, I have loads of patterns if any one wants any.
                      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                      and ends with backache

Comment

have just knitted a striped hat on circular needles need to make the pom pom for the top used the pattern on the lets knit on line forum free to join and they have various patterns

Comment

I've just been given by my MiL, 10 balls of some lovely chunky wool - she lost enthusiasm for knitting before she started doing anything with it!
                          It's this; https://secure.theblack-sheep.co.uk/...er_Chunky.html. It's been discontinued now, so I'll have to make sure I make something that needs less than 10 balls!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            I've just been given by my MiL, 10 balls of some lovely chunky wool - she lost enthusiasm for knitting before she started doing anything with it!
                            It's this; https://secure.theblack-sheep.co.uk/...er_Chunky.html. It's been discontinued now, so I'll have to make sure I make something that needs less than 10 balls!
                            I think I have patterns for that yarn someplace - will have a look at the weekend if I remember
                            Happy Gardening,
                            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                              It's been discontinued now, so I'll have to make sure I make something that needs less than 10 balls!
                              10 balls is 1kg isn't it? My jumpers are using about half that, so you should be OK. Or look for more on eBay?
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X