No announcement yet.

A Unreserved Apology

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thank you all very much for the vote of confidence i will do my very best in the office of Prime Minnister thanks to to you all jacob marley
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
      now i am geting worried :d jacob marley
      lol!................

Comment

Will you all just hush, I'm trying to watch 'telleh!
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

What'ya watchin HW??Autumn Watch is good~even better now DD's drifted off & not commenting on every animal asking if we can eat them!!!Lookin' like squirrel is next on the menu!!
          May I also add(without wanting to seem to make light of a serious!!)...wasn't til I got to bed & thinking, I realised I may have missed a few peeps out on the slices of cake!!!(honest it did worry me a bit,but as one of the ladies that missed out has already admitted to finding it all a little tricky to keep up with I hope I may be forgiven!?Sorry Scarey!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Certainly boosted the amount of grapes visitiing coomber's profile page, including I!

You and him in the corner have nowt to appologise for jacob!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I think it should be resolved in the old Gardening way......

Lawn Rakes at dawn....
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

what'd I miss - no don't revisit - just move on ....I can't ever ever ever imagine JM intentionally causing offensive, so rest easy JM
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

OMG I don't know who pm'd you jacob marley but I definitely did not think you were being frosty, in fact i thought it nice to be welcomed
                  Last edited by coomber; 28-10-2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: remove extra think!

Comment

Originally posted by coomber View Post
                    OMG I don't know who pm'd you jacob marley but I definitely did not think you think you were being frosty, in fact i thought it nice to be welcomed
                    And that is the case for the defence your honour .
                    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                      What'ya watchin HW??Autumn Watch is good~even better now DD's drifted off & not commenting on every animal asking if we can eat them!!!Lookin' like squirrel is next on the menu!!
                      May I also add(without wanting to seem to make light of a serious!!)...wasn't til I got to bed & thinking, I realised I may have missed a few peeps out on the slices of cake!!!(honest it did worry me a bit,but as one of the ladies that missed out has already admitted to finding it all a little tricky to keep up with I hope I may be forgiven!?Sorry Scarey!
                      Now don't start that Di, we'll be here all night apologising to each other
                      A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with your post Jacob. I don't think you have anything to apologise for. I can only think the person who PM'd you was having a very bad day. Maybe you can kiss and make up.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

There seems to have been a spate of this recently with person or persons thinking that they need to but in on somebody else's behalf. To get insulted by that post then the person was clearly having a bad day or just didn't read it properly. I have found the SNC rather cliquey (is that how you spell it?) on the infrequent occaisions with people talking about people I don't know / events I haven't been to etc so I simply chose not to join in (and I'm often pretty busy on a Sunday night preparing for the week ahead) this really isn't a problem but I've never found it offensive! Maybe I'm missing out and should be spending my time sending offended PMs.................. or maybe not.....................

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Jacob Marley, you weren't offensive in any way whatsoever my darling.
                            I was there too, and the Sunday Night Chat is a fast and furious corner of fun for any one of us choosing to take part in it.

It's not very 'funny' when someone decides to have a pop at you, but even more so within your own private space of Private Messaging, especially when you're alerted to having received a PM, you're 'looking forward' to it, and when you read to find that it isn't what you were looking forward to afterall, it's actually quite a shock. I know that myself. I would most definitely say: Count to Ten. Cuddle the Cat/Dog/TeddyBear/Remote Control (Wife if you can't find any of the above!) and then Log Out and revisit The Grapevine again the following day and reassess the situation.

I'm not remotely trying to be flippant, just supportive, because I know how it feels. It's a very very difficult time for everyone right now, and some way or another, I think a little 'kindness' can go very much further than holding a grudge.

I think this Forum has got a tremendous amount going for it. And if we can just all stick together and see each other through these difficult times, I think we're going to come out the other side very much better and happier people.

Is only what I wanted to say.....

Comment

Hmmm...... Got a theory.

You know how when groups or teams are coming together, there are four stages of group development - forming, storming, norming and performing? The gist of the theory is that at first in forming stage when everyone's new they're all very polite and have their social faces on. After a while little irritations come out (the storming stage) and that's when the conflict starts. It's a stage that has to be gone through in any group development, and it can be constructive if it's handled right. Only once that's out of the way and people know each other well enough does it settle down (the norming and performing stages).

Is it possible that now this formum's getting a bit bigger, it's gone through the forming stage and the storming that's been going on on the Grapevine recently is just a natural part of everyone getting to know each other?

Or possibly I'm just talking rubbish
                              Last edited by Hashette; 28-10-2008, 07:50 AM.
                              http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Originally posted by Hashette View Post
                                Hmmm...... Got a theory.

You know how when groups or teams are coming together, there are four stages of group development - forming, storming, norming and performing? The gist of the theory is that at first in forming stage when everyone's new they're all very polite and have their social faces on. After a while little irritations come out (the storming stage) and that's when the conflict starts. It's a stage that has to be gone through in any group development, and it can be constructive if it's handled right. Only once that's out of the way and people know each other well enough does it settle down (the norming and performing stages).

Is it possible that now this formum's getting a bit bigger, it's gone through the forming stage and the storming that's been going on on the Grapevine recently is just a natural part of everyone getting to know each other?

Or possibly I'm just talking rubbish
                                You forgot stage 5 - worming. Definitely wise in such a large group.
                                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X