No announcement yet.

Oooh Kay, spider alert

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey one of those is short shrift to the boys/girls that haunt our house, ours wear hobnailed boots and flash their Asbos if you so much as shake a pint glass at em
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

In the past I've been so terrified I was unable to go downstairs because there was a spider on the wall, so you have my sympathies.

Hope you managed to get to bed last night Janie, and your new houseguest has been dispatched. I'm jumping for weeks after I've seen one in the house if it hasn't been removed.
      Last edited by Comfreyfan; 24-10-2008, 04:21 PM.
      Life is too short for drama & petty things!
      So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

She's still swanning around like queen of the lounge .

Pint glass!!! You must be bl00dy joking, I'm not getting that cosy.

OH gave me a spider catcher in my stocking one Xmas. It's about 2ft long. I'm not getting that close either.

I'll deal with her this weekend, now I have time.

No, I won't kill her, I'll be brave, spider catcher at the ready, I'll put her out in the garden .
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

I know this is going to sound REALLY patronising, but that doesn't make it any the less true, every time you step on the floor you are scaring the cr@p out of her, think thunder, she 'hears' with her nerves, she is more scared of you , than you are of her, and thats the truth, you are scared cos you are a human with imagination, you can think of the 'what if's' she just has this primal fear of anything bigger and louder than her, think first how scared you are, then multiply that by 10,000 and put yourself in her furry shoes, get a glass, put her outside( got any nieghbours you don't like much ?), then nicely tell her please don't come back.

It's not easy if you are a true arachnaphobe, but it can be done.
          Last edited by BrideXIII; 24-10-2008, 09:40 PM.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Not patronising at all Bridey, what you say is very true, as I keep telling my daughter. If they are running across the floor tap the floor and they will stay still. Soft bodied creatures with only their speed (and scariness) to protect them. Look in the hedgerows at this time of year and see the beautiful garden spiders in their orb webs - how do they do that
            http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by digthatchick View Post
              Not patronising at all Bridey, what you say is very true, as I keep telling my daughter. If they are running across the floor tap the floor and they will stay still. Soft bodied creatures with only their speed (and scariness) to protect them. Look in the hedgerows at this time of year and see the beautiful garden spiders in their orb webs - how do they do that

LOL, dunno, but i wsih they would stop doing it across my front door, beautiful it may be, but i am not awake enough to defend myself at 7 am.
              Vive Le Revolution!!!
              'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
              Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I can honestly say I hate spiders. When I was a child I used to play with them and then I got scared oft he big ones so my older brother decided to stick a large amount of them in my bed one night and that's been it ever since!
                He thought it would help and my mum was the most uncaring person you could meet so she didn't help each time I became paralysed by a spider near me, I'd have palpitations and sweat and really freak out. I have thought about therapy as my fear then went to my son and I am worried that my daughter will be scared to because of me.
                The weird thing is if they are outside I don't really mind them, I can just about cope but it's when they are in my house. If I see one and it's always me that does then if I can't catch it my hubby has to and he has to show me he has or else my mind doesn't beleive it! My son is quite good too as he will get rid of them for me. It's when they are on the ceilingthat it bothers me as I think they will fall on me but I think I may invest in one of those gadgets you have spoken about.
                There is no way I can go to bed and sleep if I see one-it has to be gone before then or no-one sleeps!
                When I get out of bed I have to put my socks on in the middle of the night as I am scared of standing on one-how paranoid is that!!
                I really hope you are able to get rid of your spider!!

Comment

I get so impatient with myself, having a fear when I know how irrational it is, especially as I like to think of myself as quite a down to earth sort of girl.
                  I am improving with age! When it was just the children and I, it was me who had to deal with them, so I don't go into full on melt down anymore, I can tolerate them quite easily outdoors, but if I've seen one in the house it's got to go before I'm at ease again.
                  I'm sure the neighbours get a laugh watching me walk up the garden every morning doing the web flapping dance!
                  Snakes now. . . I love! Concentrate on the positive!
                  Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                  So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

My daughter was morbidly afeared of them until at about the age of 9 I told her to talk to them. She used to pretend to interview them. "What is it like to be a spider? Do you fall over all those legs?" etc. Took her mind off it while I got the glass and postcard!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I wish her no harm. When I were a lass I was bitten by one that was trapped in my bed. Not her fault or mine. I still bear the scar on my ankle.

My ex husband used to find it funny to catch them and either throw them at me or preferably put them down my clothes. (He had other obnoxious ways of terrifying me).

Haven't seen her tonight
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                        I wish her no harm. When I were a lass I was bitten by one that was trapped in my bed. Not her fault or mine. I still bear the scar on my ankle.

My ex husband used to find it funny to catch them and either throw them at me or preferably put them down my clothes. (He had other obnoxious ways of terrifying me).

Haven't seen her tonight
                        I can see why he is an EX
                        http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

i'd have put scorpions and rattlesnakes in his bed

Comment

I'd have divorced him and kept the house
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Some men can be so annoying and pathetic at times-glad he is your ex as what he did was very horrid and I expect from reading between the lines he wasn't a very nice person towards you in many other ways.
                              x

Comment

ok i just nearly had a heart attack ....... went in the bathroom, and spied the biggest spider in the world in the bath ...... screamed, ok kinda went eeeek and went to find the cat ....... came back with said cat, shoved her in the bathroom, (she likes jumping in the bath) ......poked my head round the door to find ......... a clump of hair sat on the side of the bath ........ i really must wash the bath out after me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X