No announcement yet.

Gardening is taking over my life

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you coming to do sprouts? s/he said can s/he have some butterflies and bees please?
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Absolutly brilliant love it especially the light. When my daughter was little OH painted her room pink with bright pink stencills all around he even made one of her name, she had barbie ( of course ) buterflies, stars, moons, all sorts, every thing was pink. Now its a light shade of lilac still with bright pink carpet and Barbie curtains. I keep meaning to buy new ones.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

So you'll teach Bean to love caterpillars? S/he'll have a crisis when you squish one!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          So you'll teach Bean to love caterpillars? S/he'll have a crisis when you squish one!
          I'm hoping the phrase "kill the light" will stick, and caterpillars will fear Bean.
          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Tee hee, thats lovely, love the light!
            I painted a "camoflage" wall for my son a couple of years ago, which he loved at the time but now he wants me to paint his room like the inside of the tardis! My daughter is much easier, as long as it's pink she's happy!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Is it only me that thinks that light is really scarey ?
              Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

I love that light. Room going to be lovely when it's all done.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketron View Post
                  Is it only me that thinks that light is really scarey ?
                  Well if I saw one that big on my brassica's......probably...................but hanging from the ceiling in a kids room...............naaaaaaaaaaaah!

I like it HW!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

love the light n curtain Wayne! When Stacey was wee she had a underwater room painted deep blue, the chimney breast wall(no fire) was painted with magnet paint which you could paint over in your choosen colour she had word magnets to make up sentences and ones to hang her artwork from nursery up lots of big fish stickers all over theroom and some light up starson the ceiling she loved it!

Comment

loving the light and the full theme, bean will love it!

talking of polka dots, i did this in the summer in the girls room, white walls, big red polka dots all over ha ha! one tip, do 3 different sizes, dinner & side plate and saucer, they look really cool!

how topical, cant wait for bean to come now, how exciting!

Comment

Superb light. We need to redecorate the now 13 year old's room - I must take pics of it first though as he has a lovely giraffe on one wall and a heffalump on another. The palm tree in the corner and up on the ceiling gave so many problems (not least finding brown paint) that it never did get finished Any grapes need some blue/green curtains with animals and alphabets on? (OK so we don't redecorate often)
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

I LOVE that Pillarcat light ... does it take low-energy bulbs?

As to your polka dots ... you can use cheap acrylic artists paints (from The Works if you've got one). Cheaper than tester pots.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

ermmmm.....debating with myself here(whether to post this or not!).....as a newborn nanny of many years and having to deal with over stimulated babies for hours on end.....will you keep one wall clear until you see if Bean is an easily overstimulated babe or not.....could save you a load of argo!. some babies get over stimulated very easily but it can take hours to unwind them enough to have them settle!.

other than that.....the light is coooool!!!.
                            Finding Home

Comment

Rachel is right about stimulating colours. Red* is a no-no. In fact, pastels (pale pink, blue, lemon) are all better than primary colours.

There was an experiment with painting a prison pink ... it actually did calm down the inmates.

* fast food places use red a lot, because it makes you eat quicker. Fact.
                              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Squish it quick..........

HW, you are gonna be one amazing daddy
                                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X