No announcement yet.

how dare they dis marmite....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved having rusks when Lauren was a baby, but haven't had them in years.
    Might have to put a box on the list this month...
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

marmite.....vile stuff.....

give me vegemite any day!!

bridexiii.....do you have kiwi connections?!.....i only ever came across vegemite(ok you lot can have marmite) rusks back home in NZ....we did it for the teethers as well!!.
      Finding Home

Comment

Originally posted by kiwirach View Post
        marmite.....vile stuff.....

give me vegemite any day!!

bridexiii.....do you have kiwi connections?!.....i only ever came across vegemite(ok you lot can have marmite) rusks back home in NZ....we did it for the teethers as well!!.
        not as far as I know lol.

I think you will find that back in the sixties when i was a babby, it was quite the thing, all that vitamin b etc, maybe seeing as a lot of people emigrated to the antipodies back then they took the idea with them, and although vegimite is quite different, i can imagine that the idea stuck, after all, we use what we can get
        Last edited by BrideXIII; 10-10-2008, 06:57 PM.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

I love Marmite Did anyone else send off for the lunch box with stencils and stuff that they had up for grabs the other year. ?
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Do you know how you occasionally feel a little mild connection with someone, just because they do or think the same as you on some random thing? Well, I always assume that I would get along with a thick-Marmite spreader. And yes, my depthy/analytical/have-obviously-thought-through-my-theory reasoning is that I like my Marmite teeth-stickingly thick...

I think all the black stuff has actually clogged up my brain...
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
              Do you know how you occasionally feel a little mild connection with someone, just because they do or think the same as you on some random thing? Well, I always assume that I would get along with a thick-Marmite spreader. And yes, my depthy/analytical/have-obviously-thought-through-my-theory reasoning is that I like my Marmite teeth-stickingly thick...

I think all the black stuff has actually clogged up my brain...
              So are you on the red or white Rhona??!!xx
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                So are you on the red or white Rhona??!!xx

more obviously on the black i reckon high on marmite
                Last edited by BrideXIII; 10-10-2008, 08:31 PM.
                Vive Le Revolution!!!
                'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                  more obviously on the black i reckon high on marmite
                  see,now I've never really been much of a fan,but if it has that effect~then maybe I could be persuaded!!
                  the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Vegemite is VILE. It tastes like some IDIOT tried to sweeten the Marmite! I believe it is popular in Australia......
                    To each their own, but I'll stick with the Marmite. Yeast (the main component of Marmite) is the ONLY natural vegan source of vit B12. Since most vegans don't get as much salt in their diet as us omnivores, that makes yeast extracts (most of which are somewhat salty) a very useful component of the vegan diet.
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

STOP!!!!!!!!!
                      This surely constitutes mental torture. Marmite is clearly gorgeous and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. I adore it, and when I have visitors its one thing they are forced to hand over before they are allowed across my threshold. Breakfast of hot toast and marmite is even better than fresh croissants and pain au chocolat from the boulangerie in the village.
                      However my current breakfast in Sudan consists of sweet rice pudding, boiled eggs and coffee. Not in the same bowl fortunately.
                      Bob Leponge
                      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X