Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loo roll's; is it me or.................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the topic of chocolate bars - someone did mention them, I promise! Apparently the only chocolate/biscuit that hasn't changed size since it was originally produced is the Waggon Wheel...although most adults say it's much small now. According to the research done on it, this is because we remember the size they were when we were little...which was largely to do with our tiny little hands! Now our hands are bigger, they look much smaller!

That's another absolutely useless fact I read in some magazine!

And...I agree, the inside of loo rolls are getting bigger....and scented!
    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
      On the topic of chocolate bars - someone did mention them, I promise! Apparently the only chocolate/biscuit that hasn't changed size since it was originally produced is the Waggon Wheel...although most adults say it's much small now. According to the research done on it, this is because we remember the size they were when we were little...which was largely to do with our tiny little hands! Now our hands are bigger, they look much smaller!

That's another absolutely useless fact I read in some magazine!

And...I agree, the inside of loo rolls are getting bigger....and scented!

no offence, but that is absolute ............rubbish, wagon wheels are definately way smaller than they were in 1970+ and unless i see an official release from the manufacturers declaring such , with proof, i will NOT believe it

f'rinstance, have you not/or are you not old enough, to have noticed, that mars bars kingsize, are the same size as the original mars bars used to be? they kept reducing the size until people complained, then brought out the kingsize bar, it was the same size as the original bar in the 70's
      Last edited by BrideXIII; 07-10-2008, 08:30 PM.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Kingsize Mars bars don't exist anymore. The company bowed to pressure from healthy eating groups and stopped making them! You can only get 'Duo' packs now, which have 2 standard size bars in.
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3693092.stm

And one of the big culprits of larger toilet roll inners is A****x...!
        Last edited by SarzWix; 07-10-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I agree...mars bars are tiny now!! And the kingsize is simply the size of the original mars bar. It's happening with all the chocolate bars...but I read the interesting waggon wheel fact in the Daily Mail some time ago...perhaps if we look that up we'll find it. Accorinding to that the weight and size has never changed since it's original form in the 70's. They did confirm however that everything else has got small...including fox glazier mints!

Comment

rose tinted glasses, versus the advertising guys who know that we know the memory is not an exact science, they have us coming and going.
            they LIE, chocolate bars are smaller, they just have us convinced that our memory is faulty
            Vive Le Revolution!!!
            'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
            Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Well, as I have no hard proof I will have to agree with you...for now! However, I will spend any spare moments trying to prove you wrong! (Just don't hold your breath waiting for me to get round to that - I'm in chicken run hell at the mo!)

Comment

Sainsburys taste the diff guadruple choc chip cookies....three years or so ago were much larger than they are now! Now they are the size of the average bickie! they even look small in the box.....odd, size is smaller price is bigger! don't buy them at all often now. Dont like these sort of cons

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
                  more likely to do with profit, think about it, everyone knows what size a loo roll looks like, on the outside!
                  increase the circumference of the cardboard bit, and you end up with less actual loo roll, but the same overall size.

T'is all profit my friend, same size roll, same price, less actual paper.
                  This is exactly what's going on. A few years back they also made toothpaste openings wider so you use more toothpaste. Sly or what?
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                    Well, as I have no hard proof I will have to agree with you...for now! However, I will spend any spare moments trying to prove you wrong! (Just don't hold your breath waiting for me to get round to that - I'm in chicken run hell at the mo!)
                    Thought I'd help you out, Bephlam, and also cause I ha thought they had shrunk got this from good old wikipedia

There have been many debates amongst fans of the biscuit about the size. Wagon Wheels have supposedly shrunk in size as time has progressed, but Burton's Foods Ltd have denied this. It has been suggested that the supposed shrinkage is due to an adult's childhood memory of eating a Wagon Wheel held in a much smaller hand. In Australia however, Arnott's have stated that tray packs of Wagon Wheels were in fact Mini Wagon Wheels and have re-released the original 48g Wagon Wheels.[2]

The original factory which produced the biscuit in Slough during the early 1980s were transferred to an updated and modern factory in Llantarnam in South Wales. The original factory in Slough produced the biscuit with crinkled edges and corn cobbs rather than the updated smoother edges. This caused the overall diameter of the biscuit to shrink slightly, but not as much as fans of the biscuit believe.

Also, although the UK Wagon Wheel has barely shrunk, it is still noticeably smaller than the Australian equivalent. The diameter of the Australian version is measured at 88 mm which is 14 mm larger than the UK version. Even though the Australian version is wider in diameter, the UK Wagon Wheel is notably thicker by 4 mm.

As of October 2006, the Canadian Wagon Wheel measured 70mm x 17mm.

Comment

So, I was right?? Well, at least I regurged the correct printed information??

See...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X