No announcement yet.

fly past

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't talk about the Red Arrows without some pics. Here's 2 taken by me at the Portrush Airshow in 2006

Enjoy
    Last edited by beefy; 02-10-2008, 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling - what else
    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Beefy. This thread reminds me of the smallholding where I lived from 1982 till I got married in 1991. We were on the flightpath for RAF Brawdy and the Airsea Rescue helicopter flew over the farm frequently. We also were priviledged to witness low level flight training and often stood outside the stables looking down into the valley at the planes going by!!! Loud just isn't the word!

There was an air display at Brawdy every year and I have fond memories of sitting on the tractor on top of the mountain watching the Red Arrows, the Vulcan, the Battle of Britain bunch etc. Brilliant times
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        I prefer the sound of the merlin engine - think Spitfire wooooooo
        Hmm, I prefer the sound of 4 six bladed Rolls Royce/Allison AE2100D3 turboprops on a Lockheed C130J Hercules. Slow, lumbering but graceful... What I would give to fly on of those. And they were designed in the 50's!!

I heard a rumour that the MOD in all their wisdom were going to drop the Red Arrows...

Great pix Beefy.
        Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
        Cut your engines, cool your wings,
        You've taken me home...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X