• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch

janeyo

Not sniggering, honest!

Comment

Doea a bandaged toe 'go' with a shaved head?
      Sorry Lynda you have my utmost sympathy, luckily I haven't managed to actually break any bones yet (touch wood) so I can't imagine how painful it is but if you're not on painkillers I'd go with the other suggestions of anaesthetising yourself with vodka or a good glass of wine!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Oops! Hope it heals fast!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
          Doea a bandaged toe 'go' with a shaved head?
          Sorry Lynda you have my utmost sympathy, luckily I haven't managed to actually break any bones yet (touch wood) so I can't imagine how painful it is but if you're not on painkillers I'd go with the other suggestions of anaesthetising yourself with vodka or a good glass of wine!
          yeah it's the latest thing, haven't you heard

god i wish i hadn't, i've broken both shoulders, one collar bone, wrist 5 times, other wrist twice, hand twice, 3 fingers, both kneecaps, 2 ribs, and now my toe ....... methinks i may be a bit accident prone ....... i don't like taking painkillers if i can avoid it, and i don't drink often (usually once a year on my birthday), prefer something a bit more herbal

Comment

Blimey, are you trying to fly without wings or something? You must have spent half your life in a cast (or plural thereof!). You do have my sympathy, honest, but I'm also trying not to titter.

I remember my ex-boss coming in with a major limp. Turned out he'd kicked a doorway whilst doing the laundry. I couldn't help but laugh and told him not to be so violent with the doors in future, what did the door do to him?...and so on...

Hope it heals swiftly and you don't struggle with daily stuff too much. At least you don't have to pick up after Number 1 son at the mo!

Comment

oh yeah. and snapped my pubic bone, forgot about that, was pulling hairs out of a ponys tail and she didn't like it and i flew across the stable ...... hobbles are a wonderful invention , also dislocated my thumb playing darts ..... i always seem to do stupid things, seems to amuse the hospital staff

the good thing is i now have an excuse not to do anything, ....... other than i can't be bothered

Comment

You sure you weren't a test dummy for this?

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | People's airbag 'prevents injury'

Personally the only thing I've ever broken was my toe (only the little'un mind), and that was simply walking past the dining table barefoot and catching my toe on the table leg as I passed. Snap.

Dislocated my thumb whilst in goal playing football once - saved the penalty though.

Other than that I only have a collection of scars/dents on the top of my head courtesey of doorways and light fittings.

You do have my sympathies though lady - just wear more padding in future!
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Much sympathy from me too. Hope youfind a way to make the men in your life feel really guilty for laughing.
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

Ouch; much sympathy from me as I'm still recovering from the smashed elbow 3 years [and 13 days] ago and I know what it's like when they don't plaster the bones and they move across each other - *winces

But, if it stops you from shaving your hair...

Comment

fortunately i can hold the clippers in my hand

Comment

I was hoping it would divert your attention away...

Comment

nope it's making good debate and easing the boredom .... a bit

Comment

Have to say Lynda that I'm very impressed that you're building a chook house in the state you're in!!! ( think I must be a bit of a wimp!!!!)

I read you'd broken your pubic bone pulling hairs out(must read more carefully in future!)
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

lmao i'm too much of a wimp to get that bit waxed or have any other form of hair removing torture applied

if i had anyone else to build the house, you can rest assured i would be sat directing proceedings ..... if i waited for son to do it, it still wouldn't be finished by next summer lol ........ i'm definitely leaving the pond/s for him and his mates to dig though

Comment

I know someone who got their epilator stuck pulling hairs out 'down there'.

Bet you feel better already, Lynda, ha ha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X