Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely puss cat HW.

Sarz I so feel for you, you must be feeling lousy ,

I have eczema and know how painful that can be, psoriasis is so much worse.

I'm on Eumovate too and fucibet as I have infective eczema, only have one patch at the moment on the tip of an index finger but at my worst both hand and feet were scabbed over and all my nails fell out. Nothing like that for a while now though. I'm pretty sure stress has a lot to do with it and if I'm abroad not sure if it's the salty water or the UV but my eczema gets better along with strangely my hair condition.
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I was going to suggest trying some sort of lightbox(but just read you've already looked into it!)I've heard of people being supplied them on the NHS.Not sure if they still do,but may be worth asking?As I said in a previous post I used to have a friend with incredibly bad psoriasis,she tried almost every cure going,when she moved to Turkey it totally cleared up!Maybe the total lack of sunshine this year is contributing to your flare up!!Hope you're feeling a little better today!x
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

That's it, the pills are not passing my lips again, I don't care what the withdrawal is like;
        I took yesterdays with dinner around 6.30 and within half an hour I was feeling miserable. By half past 7, I was upstairs, locked in bedroom in full despair, convinced that I was worse than useless, my entire life had gone wrong from the age of 5, I made everyone miserable around me, and utterly determined to wait until Jez fell asleep so I could go out on the moors and die of overdose & exposure. In all the depression I've been through, and I've had a lot, I have never been so convinced in my head that suicide is ok.
        Lucky for me, Jez was busy in kitchen (completely unaware what I was going through upstairs, he thought I had another migraine) where all my painkillers are (I have a lot...) and my car keys and all the knives. If it wasn't for that, I'm convinced I wouldn't be sitting here now.
        As it was, about midnight I suddenly thought "I'm hungry", and that was it, I stopped sobbing, unlocked the door and stumbled downstairs to tell Jez what was going on. He was horrified that he hadn't realised, and won't leave me on my own now, just in case.
        Awful, bloody awful. I had no feeling whatsoever that it was being caused by the pills, it was just intensely real.

I have no idea what will happen by not taking them, but it can't possibly be as bad as that...

Comment

I agree with you stopping taking the tabs, BUT I think you should phone your GP and tell him what you're doing, he should be able to tell you about stopping the tabs. Also have you asked on the other Forum.

I hope you're feeling happier soon - take good care of yourself.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Oh Sarah

I'm not sure what to say except please, please take good care of yourself. Stopping the pills def sounds like it's for the best but I really hope it doesn't make life more difficult in other ways. As sbp says, inform your GP (you don't have to do what s/he says if you feel their advice is wrong) and do keep talking and asking other people what has worked for them.
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

Yikes, that is drastic. Hope you are feeling a bit better with not taking the tablets. I have no idea what psoriasis is like but can't imagine it is worse than the way you have felt taking the meds. Lots of gentle virtual hugs being sent to you from me and I am sure many other grapes.
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Thank you everybody for the support, it really is appreciated. Still feeling a bit tired and emotionally battered, but it's nowt compared to last night!
                I have been directed to the licence-holders website to find out about any withdrawal problems and all it says is that "any adverse side-effects should disappear on ceasing the medication", so that's good enough for me. We're close enough to A&E (5 mins away) that if anything horrible happens I can get there pretty quick! And I'll be getting an emergency appt with GP on Monday.
                Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this nasty episode!!!

Thanks again everyone, you're all lovely people

Comment

Take it gently then and hope it goes more smoothly than the meds did.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

As a prefect at school, I shared a dormitory with a friend with psoriasoris. I see her every year at our class reunions. It has never occurred to me to ask how she has overcome it.

We are (ahem) 43 years on since we left school .

I do remember that at that time she used to go to bed covered in some sort of medication (cream) and plastic bags. She was also a 3A's champion and a brilliant musician and singer.

Very pretty and popular girl. I think only I knew how much it distressed her.

Sarz - you have my sympathies and support
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Sarah, I feel awfull Ive only just seen this thread, do you want me to pop over and help with 'owt?
                      Yo an' Bob
                      Walk lightly on the earth
                      take only what you need
                      give all you can
                      and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

just did a serch for the clinical trials, try typing in clinical trials . gov and you can find them, looks like they have only done a couple but it usually gives you a good idea of how bad the side effects are by how many people dropped out.
                        Yo an' Bob
                        Walk lightly on the earth
                        take only what you need
                        give all you can
                        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X