How small is your world ??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    I was mildly amused that he had recognised the dog not the attractive young lady.

You've trained him well Flumm!

Comment

Either that, or if he was wrong it wouldn't be so obvious! After all, it could have been just an expletive!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We took our honeymoon in a tiny village that supposedly no-one had ever heard of. Every time we rounded a corner my OH was greeted by someone he knew, it was like being on honeymoon with half the workforce from the large engineering company where he worked. Fed up of this we decided to spend the day in a nearby town, then managed to miss the last bus back, we set off walking to try and find a taxi rank, but needn't have bothered because round the corner came one of his works' lorries, the driver pipped the horn, stopped, then gave us a lift. Not only was the lorry full of past work that OH thought he'd seen the back of, but as this was the seventies he'd had to undergo a radical makeover for the benefit of the wedding photos which largely entailed losing a few kilos of hair, he really shouldn't have been recognisable in a Maltese town in the dark.
        Last edited by bluemoon; 25-09-2008, 03:44 PM.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

That reminds me that on our honeymoon - in Montrose (went for the geology!) we stayed in a bed and breakfast place. One other couple was staying. They lived in our town and we knew them. B*mmer!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I was perusing past threads having been offline for quite a while and found this one. I still have a smile when I remember this particular incident.
            Cant remember what year, early 90's I think, and as a soldier found myself with a rather disappointing trip to Malaysia just before xmas!!! As paratroopers we were all based in Aldershot in Hampshire. Couple of weeks into the trip and we were given a day off. Driven to "the beach of passionate love" in army lorries, about 600 of us jumped off and ran onto the sand. There was one couple lying there, so of course we sat near them. The bloke looked up, and (with expletives deleted) said I dont believe it.
            They came from Farnborough, about 2 miles away and just didnt want to see 600 paratroopers running around the place. Especially her ex boyfriend. ME!!!
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

When you're 6ft 7 the whole world seems small...

However, LadyWayne and I had gone on holiday to a place called Turgetreis in Turkey not long after we'd got together. We were talking a walk along the beach and LW uttered "oh my God!" Walking towards us was a woman she used to work with a few months earlier - she was there with her new husband, on honeymoon.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

two spring to mind... a few years ago when I lived in Nottingham, I finished work and stopped off at a gigantic new Tesco which had opened recently. I walked in through the lobby, past a bank of public telephones - maybe 6 or 7 of them. One of them was ringing, and for the first time that I can ever recall doing, I decided to pick it up. Though I'm actually getting a slight shiver as I type this(!) - the call was for me... it was someone that I was friendly with at work, but who wasn't sure of my number but was trying to ring me all the same...

The other (less spooky) one was going to 1770 in Queensland a few years ago, and sitting with DH (or DBF as he was then), and watching the sunset - hardly anywhere on the Sunshine Coast you can do so! The place at that time was very scrappy with a few shacks and not much else, but there was a couple who pitched up nearby and we shared a couple of beers with. The female bit of the couple had been to the same school as DH, lived on the next road as a kid, and practically knew the family!
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

A few years ago we bought a place in Spain. Not near the coast, up in the middle of nowhere a coule of miles from a small village where only about 2 people spoke any English. In the nearest slightly bigger town, we found the Buildre's Merchant (the house needed a fair bit of work, and being remote, no-one wanted to do it), where ONE of the staff spoke enough English to do business. On our second visit there, we were approached by a lady who looked vaguely familiar, and who asked us about a house we used to live in in Orkney. THEN we recognised her. She was the not-quite-wife of the person we had bought that house from 20 years earlier, and sister of a neighbour there. She was living an another of the villages for which this was the 'bigger town', and about 10 miles from our place.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                    two spring to mind... a few years ago when I lived in Nottingham, I finished work and stopped off at a gigantic new Tesco which had opened recently. I walked in through the lobby, past a bank of public telephones - maybe 6 or 7 of them. One of them was ringing, and for the first time that I can ever recall doing, I decided to pick it up. Though I'm actually getting a slight shiver as I type this(!) - the call was for me... it was someone that I was friendly with at work, but who wasn't sure of my number but was trying to ring me all the same...
                    Now that is just cool!! Just like a scene from a film!
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X