Canine Sports Massage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canine Sports Massage

Geoff (pictured above) had his first sports massage yesterday. We are not sure how old he is because he is a rescue dog but we think 12-13 yrs. He is being treated at the vets where i work for arthritis in his spine and one of our clients mentioned that she had nearly finished her massage course and was looking for one more case study. Geoff will have 4 treatments and then, if there is improvement, have a top up every 6 months or so.
    Poor little b*gger was really stiff after his first treatment and could hardly climb the stairs. Today however is a different matter. Found him on our bed when I got home this afternoon and he hasn't got up there for months. He is also trotting around the house rather than walking.
    Makes me feel a bit guilty that we didn't do more for him before, but just put it down to the aches and pains of getting older (know how he feels)
    Looking forward to his next session to see if there is more improvement.
    Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Thats incredible
    You have a dog called geoff.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

On a more serious note, glad he is getting his bounce back.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Aw, I've seen how massage can help horses and dogs and I think it's great. You could also try Shiatsu - that's lovely for all animals! Us included!

Comment

That's great , glad it seems to be working for Geoff. Have you seen those 'water therapy' pools they take dogs & horses to, that might be a bit expensive though, you're lucky to know someone who can help.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Dogs,Dogs someone got a thread on dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
              oooo touchy Cloud, anywaym thought you was gonna get one, or have you gone all grumpy again!!! LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                Pretty much wot S.S says!1
                So take it you're not a soppy owner yet then??!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

No.Thought better of it!!!!!
                  The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                    Thats incredible
                    You have a dog called geoff.
                    If you knew him, you would understand.
                    Basically,....he's a git and I love him. Lynda would understand
                    P.S It's Geoffry when he's naughty. Make no difference, he's deaf!!
                    Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our old boy used to have swimming therapy. Admittedly he was a Labrador and loved the water anyway, and there has to be a veterinary pool nearby, but the gentle exercise from that made a huge difference.
                      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X