ok i may be regretting this now.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you.

I left school at 16, but always wanted to further my education, I did that later in the same way you are.

The only pitfall is that its addictive!

I only meant to do three years for a marketing degree, but ended up staying for 6 years and ending up with the degree in marketing and a masters degree on top!

I met some great friends, and had a really good time. It was hard work and I was incredibly tired some times, but it paid to be persistent and continue

You'll have a great time!
    'People don't learn and grow from doing everything right the first time... we only grow by making mistakes and learning from them. It's those who don't acknowledge their mistakes who are bound to repeat them and do no learn and grow. None of us are done making mistakes or overflowing with righteous wisdom. Humility is the key.'
    - Thomas Howard

Comment

good luck squashsu - it'll be worth it though! I'm also back to school shortly (well sort of), via Open University - start in November, doing Spanish in the first year! I'm a bit worried about time I'll need to put in, but it's mostly over the winter, so shouldn't affect the veg growing too much!?!?! Here's hoping!

Enjoy!

D
      "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

I returned to Uni aged 32 and loved it. I'm pretty certain that you don't need luck, as I know you'll be fine, but I wish you luck anyway. Enjoy it, love BM.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Good luck to you. I`m sure you will love it.
          My brother went to uni after doing an Open University course when he was medically retired through bad health. He did 3 years at Oxford before moving to the Royal Holloway in London before he died aged 39. He loved every minute of it and never regreted doing it.
          I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

So come on SS!Dish the dirt!!How was it??Hope you had a good day & not suffering too much with the old brain hurt!!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Thanks for all the lovely good luck messages, cause god i am gonna need it LOL!!!!

OMG, what a shocker, even though i am classed as a fulltime student i am only 1 day a week at Uni, but i have to do work through my work every day and then assignments, essays, reports, presentations etc......

So now i am enrolled and I have my gorgeous photo on my student card and I get a discount at McDonalds, which really helps LOL and get a discount on my Council Tax LOL!!!!

I am with a lovely bunch of girls, but my head is full of stuff now and it was only induction day, some people were looking confident and the tutor left the room and i said to them all

"Am i the only one here thinking SH1T!!!!!" and they all laughed and said "NO, we all are" LOL!!!

Anyway, i have my first essay to do this week, so i better get sorted this week and get off this site LOL!!

Cor Piskie, i hope you have a lovely day on Thurs x

Comment

Belated good luck to all. I returned to Uni at the grand old age of 36. Never regretted a minute once I worked through the panic attack in the car park!!!lol

Very best wishes
                TGR

Comment

Good luck to all going 'back to school' the autumn. I'm off to do RHS Horticulture stuff starting next Thursday. Hopefully I'll find out what I've been doing wrong all these years!
                  Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X