• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDWM menu:

My feta stuffed peppers to start
    James Martins sausage and bean casserole as main
    Nigella's caramel croissant pudding as dessert

All can be prepared in advance and I love "one pot" cooking - so easy!

Comment

My OH was ROBBED on 'Mar-star' Chef too

He was the big favourite in the first two rounds and then they slagged him big style.

The poverty pleading scouser that worked with disabled folks and cook shite won

Comment

Try having a nephew who is a chef and now works for Gordon Ramsey. My sister is a great cook as was my mum amd my nan, so how come i'm useless at it. I grow it sis cooks it ( sometimes )
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
          Try having a nephew who is a chef and now works for Gordon Ramsey.
          ooohhh... I know he's Mr Sweary McSweary, and I'm sure objectionable in many ways... but I still feel a slight swoon coming on...
          I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post

I prefer 'Come Dine With Me', these days. It's like cooking crossed with wife swap. Immensely entertaining!
            We love that show! It's especially funny when they have someone on who doesn't know when to stop drinking & falls asleep in their dinner! I don't like it though when you can tell someone is 'tactical voting' so that they stand a better chance of winning. No way would I invite several strangers round to our house for dinner though, I think they're all very brave or totally barmy!
            Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I'm with all of you all the way. The critics episode is my least favour, and you so right about Kate (face like a smacked @rse) Spicer, and the fat one what makes there opinion any better than anyone elses and who cares.

Flummery that sounds like my kind of dinner and one that I hope my OH is going to cook for me tonight.

I also can't abare Greg whats his name, who thought he'd make a gud presenter and why does he feel it necessary to shout every episode, talk normally you have a mic.

Well feel much better now. :-0
              Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Worst than cooking for the strangers on CDWM would be the fact that they go and root through your house - would be paranoid, especially about what the commentary guy would say!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bloom View Post
                  I'm with all of you all the way. The critics episode is my least favour, and you so right about Kate (face like a smacked @rse) Spicer, and the fat one what makes there opinion any better than anyone elses and who cares.

Flummery that sounds like my kind of dinner and one that I hope my OH is going to cook for me tonight.

I also can't abare Greg whats his name, who thought he'd make a gud presenter and why does he feel it necessary to shout every episode, talk normally you have a mic.

Well feel much better now. :-0
                  Terry Wogan calls him a jumped up costermonger!!

All he seems to do is echo what has already been said by the professional. Have you noticed that the only time he tries a dish out first is for the dessert/pudding recipe? I reckon he has absolutely no idea how food should be cooked so he always goes second for the tasting
                  Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity

Comment

Oh, and I like AA Gill as critics go - he's worked in a kitchen so has some idea of what is involved. I read somewhere that on occasion, he bases his choice of courses on how technically challenging each dish is and whether the kitchen can bring it all together rather than on what he likes to eat.
                    Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Skotch View Post
                      Terry Wogan calls him a jumped up costermonger!!

Ah, Terry, bless 'im!! Tried to watch Nigella yesterday. Could only stomach 10 minutes of her trying to have sex with me through the camera. What on earth is 'titillating brininess'???

Comment

Ah, but once you get through the verbal dire-rear that is Nigella, she does have fab recipes.... her Caramel Croissant Pudding is to die for.....

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                          Watching Kate (face like a smacked @rse) Spicer
                          I always think of her when my cat walks away from me with his tail in the air - there is something about her mouth ....
                          Nell

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                            I can't watch Master Chef anymore. I find the critics far too annoying, especially the 'fat necked dude' and the dark-haired sarcastic one. I couldn't possibly enter as I'd probably throw the food at them.

I prefer 'Come Dine With Me', these days. It's like cooking crossed with wife swap. Immensely entertaining!
                            I love CDWM - your description of 'cooking crossed with wife swap' - brilliant.

I could never enter because :
                            a) I'd just be too nervous and would probably ruin everything (though I might try some of the recipes mentioned by you and OWG)

b) Leave a bunch of strangers roam through my house? Never - until I get loads of large cupboards (with locks) to stuff things in!!!
                            My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Skotch;281792]Terry Wogan calls him a jumped up costermonger!!

All he seems to do is echo what has already been said by the professional. Have you noticed that the only time he tries a dish out first is for the dessert/pudding recipe? I reckon he has absolutely no idea how food should be cooked so he always goes second for the tasting[/QUOTE

Terry is fab makes me laugh most morning, can't really abare Johnny Walker - to much for me I think. As for Greg, he does get on my nerves I wish i could get away with that, being pay for eating. At least Michel Jr knows what he is on about.
                              Somedays your up, somedays your down, but you have to make the best of everything

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                                Ah, but once you get through the verbal dire-rear that is Nigella, she does have fab recipes.... her Caramel Croissant Pudding is to die for.....
                                Gotta say I had no problem with the recipes and they were quick. It's just that flouncing about. Ick!

Originally posted by Nelliegemini
                                I always think of her when my cat walks away from me with his tail in the air - there is something about her mouth ....
                                My cat doesn't have a tail, so imagine what I have to put up with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X