No announcement yet.

Another Village Show Tale

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well done Sarah - it only takes the confidence to enter - you really can surprise yourself sometimes can't you? That cake is a winner in anyone's book though!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well done Sarah! That cake looks lovely & what a pretty medal you got! Sounds like not bad prize money either for a local show, I think they used to give about 50p when they had one round here!
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Very VERY Very well done! Trousers and I were just talking about your entries, and I personally think, that winning things sometimes actually spurs you on to do even betterer next year. And with the Jams, Cakes, Breads etc. I like the creativeness that it brings out in you, and it's completely brilliant when you realise how brilliant, actually, that what you've made is.
        High Five! X

Comment

Impressed or what . Myself and a sister-in-law used to enter our local show every year. Veggies, sewing, jam, wine, baking etc. We always won a few badges - but the crowning year was when I won the plate for the most prizes in the show!!

We moved to another parish not long after (husband was business partner with his brother and said S-I-L was his wife). We entered the local show there and won zilch. The year I put in a "decorated cake" was when I decided never again to enter that show. There were only three entries and mine was last. 1st prize went to a chocolate cake with sprinkles copied from a womans magazine, in the shape of a cat, 2nd prize went to a sponge with water icing from a Jane Asher book, mine was a bed with "Sleeping Beauty", table with candlestick, slippers by the bed. Totally original.

Sis-in-law and I realised that the organisers knew exactly who the "anonymous" numbers were and as "outsiders" we were not allowed to win anything .
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

well done sarzwix on your prizes, and i bet you can't wait for next year!
            ---) CARL (----
            ILFRACOMBE
            NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X