What makes you cry?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
    Well I'm proud of myself this arvo!My girls got to have a minor op(nothing serious)& she had her tour & vid to "prepare"her!She sobbed that she doesn't want to do it & hugging her I could feel the fountain waiting to explode but I managed to keep it contained & actually reassured her it would be fine & even had her giggling before we left!Now I've just got to convince myself!!It was the part in the video where they're "asleep" & mummy has to leave them~I know I have to be strong for her but come that moment for real I know I'll be a wreck!!Think of me next thurs!
    when son was 14 he had to have an op on his knee, he was fine, didn't bat an eyelid, me i was there when the needle went in, he drifted off........ i passed out ..... he was fine, but i ended up with a huge bump on my head, lying on a bed.

i cry at allsorts, animal hospital is one, and the green mile even though i have seen it about 20 times ....... has me sobbing my heart out. I've never watched Bambi, cos i don't think i could handle it when his mummy dies.

Comment

Peeling onions! So short can't get far enough away from the cry zone!

When Igrid Berman as Gladys Aylwood leads the children to safety singing 'This Old Man' in the Inn of the Sixth Happiness. Not religious but the story of this woman missionary's commitment to China and the children was inspirational.

Star Trek-DSN - now you'd never expect that one.....final farewell episode - What You Leave Behind -when each cast member said their goodbye's to the station/friends and embarked on new lives....accompanied by the song sung by James Darren as Vic Fontaine - The Way You Look Tonight. Final words - "The more things change the more they stay the same" - how true. I'm listening to JD's CD right now and even the music makes me well up - evocative stuff this music!

Film/TV-wise these are the stand-out tissue moments for me!
      Last edited by quark1; 27-08-2008, 05:37 PM.

Comment

The last time I cried: it was the jail scene in A Man for All Seasons when Sir Thomas More kisses his family goodbye and tells them to leave the country.

Comment

All of the above (well apart from clowns and ventriloquist dummies)! Sitting here blubbing right now after reading it all for goodness sake! Worst one is probably someone else crying, I'm right in there. Even tried hypnotherapy to get me through my daughter's wedding! Had a good old weep when I saw Hey Wayne's scan photos a few weeks ago. In fact, better go now....sniff.
          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

oh...! I'd forgotten. The end of The King and I, when Yul Brynner dies. Sob! And the bit when Lady Thiang sings Something Wonderful. Lordy I'm filling up just thinking about that one.
            Last edited by Rhona; 27-08-2008, 06:04 PM. Reason: can't spell
            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

i NEVER used to cry at Lassie as a kid, but do now!!!!!!!! since having kids i can cry at:-

In the Living Years - Mike & The Mechanics

Lassie & any happy ending animal film (black beauty, Seabiscuit) or even animal hospital sad or happy

Cool Runnings - cried the over day when they crash and get clapped to the finish line at the end

My sis leaving to go to NZ - last weekend (that was a bad one)

TV - Secret Millionaire or anything soppy -

weddings, births, christenings, funerals & bar mitzvah's in fact i cry at the opening of a box of kleenex!!!!!

Comment

Anything soppy - happy or sad, the last thing was pretty woman -again!!!!

Comment

I'm with Rhona. The Jodie Foster version of The King and I was on TV a few weeks ago and I was sobbing my heart out, both versions were sooooo sad.

Comment

A lot of my family died in wars in the last century so, "Fields of France/Willie McBride". Other than that coming up to the anniversary of death of OH, so that will always make me cry.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Ring of Bright Water, every time and The Bucket List recently (for heavy reasons)

Clowns scared me from an early age and 'It' by Stephen King only confirmed my suspisions!

(oh, and spelling)

Comment

The elephants that were just on BBC2!!
                        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I don't often cry at what I see or hear, but when I try to talk about some things (such as attempting to describe a sentimental/touching scene on TV to OH who hasn't seen it) I tend to 'choke'.
                          Singing along with some songs with 'sentimental' words can be too much as well. The 'volume' doesn't make any difference. Try listening to a Slade song called "wheels ain't coming down". If you make out the words all through, it tells a story, and yes, it is a tear-jerker!
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

At the moment - Charlie
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

At the moment - Jerry Springer!

Piskie - why Charlie is he ok??

Comment

Charlie is very sick - or he is pulling a major flanker, in which case I will box his ears
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X