No announcement yet.

My Poor Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to the allotment today dug up all the cauliflowers they had blown and were brown so put them in the compost bin, Weeded that bit and the area next to it. Leaving the runner beans for a bit longer as they are still flowering, sweetcorn is ripening, butternut squash every where its a bit like triffids and has buried all the herbs. Cut four more courgettes could have cut some cabbages but not sure when we will eat them and would rather do it on the day of eating. Found it quite hard going as not been there regulary and boy did I feel it, had to keep sitting down !!!
    Great time to reflect what has been happening and to think about the future.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

Comment

I just popped out to the lottie for an hour but as soon as I started digging up spuds the blokey across the way lit a huge bonfire. It stunk and as I am still recovering from bronchitus not something I can stand around in. He said he hoped it would go up fast but it wasn't. It's just started to rain so I guess that's put his plans out. I had to come straight home and have only just stopped coughing. If someone came to me and said they were suffering, I'd put it out straight away.

Comment

Bonfires are only allowed after 4pm on our site at least then you know to stay away if it affects you.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

My plot is looking in a very sad state. Lauren gets bored after a half hour so now I just have to wait until I get down there on my own.
          Have been busy doing post-holiday washing and housework as we were away last week, got down for an hour just now to clean out chooks and let them out to roam for a bit while I did it.
          Harvested first sowing of sweetcorn, a few pound of runner beans and some tomatoes, brought home todays eggs also.
          I have Friday earmarked as lottie day, will go down as soon as I've done school run and stay till lunchtime, in the meantime I will be planning what needs doing and doing it in manageable chunks (she hopes)
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X