No announcement yet.

Feeling blue....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You certainly put my problems into perspective. I guess I need a bit of that sometimes and it's good to know that no matter how small or big my problems are, I am not alone. HeyWayne thank you, you know how to make people smile - it even made my 6 year old smile!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
      squashysu. Asperger's is a known problem, and I wasn't criticising the parents of anyone with this (or anything similar). My grouse is with parents who don't discipline their kids, which then go on to create havoc in school and on the streets and who are then labelled as having 'behavioural problems' by desperate school staff. At this point said useless parents give up any attempt and basically the kids run riot from then on. All schools have these problem kids, in the past the parents were called in and told to straighten them out. Mostly they did as asked, but now it's often seen as an excuse to abdicate all responsibility. Unfortunately parenting is all about responsibility and anyone who refuses to accept that is failing.
      My eldest daughter's ex-boyfriend had Asperger's, his parents did a remarkable job with him. - his sister was also affected, though to a lesser degree, and his brother had severe autism, so things must have been far from easy. Admittedly his and my daughter's relationship failed (after four years) but it had nothing to do with his condition. If people such as yourself and that boy's parents can work so hard to gain positive results though it makes my blood boil when I see young tearaways being written off simply because they have no-one who can be bothered. All kids go through difficult phases (and with some it seems to last from birth until they're 21 ) I was a complete horror at around 14, had my mum decided that this was something she refused to address goodness knows where I'd be now.
      I think what I was trying to say is, squashysu and stressedoutmum2, your kids might be driving you up the wall, but that's perfectly normal, it won't last forever and, because you are refusing to allow the unacceptable behaviour to continue, you are GOOD parents, even though at times it feels as if everything is just so overwhelming.

oh sorry bluemoon, i must of put this all wrong, i was totally agreeing with you, ie: my son has Aspergers and he still has to learn, but there are parents out there, who will just say "my child has a problem" and lets them get away with rudeness etc, and doesnt want to help their child to be polite etc.

oops, i must have put it all wrong when i was typing, i never ever thought you was citicising me or stressedoutmum. I criticise myself often ha ha!

we are 95% that my OH has Aspergers as well, in fact if he hasnt I will eat my hat lol!

i see so many people with children that have "problems" (we shall call them that for want of a better word - sorry if this offends anyone) ie: Aspergers, ADHD, ADD and others and they think that thier child knows no better so why should they teach them any better, IYKWIM, My reasoning is, my son has AS, he is a good kid and sometimes a very bad kid, but he is bad for a medical reason, but he still needs to learn about being the good kid and i must be there to teach him and hopefully one day he will be the good kid - god it so hard to explain!

sorry again, i hope i have made myself clear, but then again, i may not have ha ha !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X