Gardening Show Llangollen

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening Show Llangollen

Went to this new show yesterday (Sun 30.7) & wasn't really all that impressed. Did you get the chance to go Lesley? What did you think of it? The best things I got were a free goody bag from the Bayer/Easy Gardening Roadshow for asking a question & a goody bag I bought for £5 from the Grow Your Own Magazine stand (3 mags., Pocket Veg. Expert book, seeds, leaflets, sun cream, skin toner, biscuits etc.) There were not many display gardens or plant exhibitions although the local gardening society competition display was interesting, I always like to go 'my courgettes look nicer than those, ooh look at the size of that onion etc.!' It was nice to see Medwyn Williams back on his feet (still in a cast) after his accident & he & his wife had put on a lovely display stand(see pic.)
    Attached Files
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

No Sue! I had to give my tickets to my Uncle and his wife who are gardening mad. They live on Anglesey and were really looking forward to going.
    [

Comment

Hope they enjoyed it Lesley, it was O.K. as it was free but I would have been a bit disappointed if I had paid to get in although £6 isn't too bad compared to some shows. Perhaps it will get better over time as it is a new show.

Comment

Gardening Show in Wales

I also went to the show in wales as was already on hols there, what a stunning place! I certainly agree with you about the GYO goody bags- a bargain and am now a subscriber, also got a burgon and ball tool set as a free gift which im frightened to get dirty- it's so shiny! Keep up the good work GYO ladies!
        I went to the Bayer stand which was almost empty and the staff ignored me and sat drinking tea! I think you are right Sue, the show wasn't as big and needs a bit more next year but the people and atmosphere were lovely.

Comment

Hi Homebrew, glad you liked Llangollen, it's a nice little place & the GYO ladies were a nice friendly bunch. I also picked up a really sweet little Haws indoor watering can for £4 which had a rose on the end (something I'd been looking for) & liked the stand which had old gardening equipment on it but thought £45 for an old garden fork was a bit much even though it looked good quality!

Comment

The GYO Ladies loved the show! I think they may want to do it next year. They wern't impressed with the camping mind you. hahaha.

Comment

Camping? Wow, the luxury
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Glad we didn't offer to help Shortie!
                [

Comment

But your both Moderators so would have had the camp beds as well

Glad to see you know how to show a lady a good time David
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

P.S. Did the GYO ladies get a free go on the giant bouncy castle at the back of the marquee? That looked like fun!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X